• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New GAP-10 report

Bird of Prey

Private
Minuteman
After what seemed like an eternity, I got the call from GAP last week that my rifle was ready. Finished the paperwork and in three days the rifle was at my FFL. Christmas in April! 22", PRS, SSA-E and thruster brake. I temporarily put a NF NSX 3.5-15 (thank you Eurooptics) on it.

This Saturday, I did an initial barrel break-in with a box of SSA 175gr HPBT. Thorough cleaning in between each shot for ten shots, then two five shot groups with cleaning in between. Accuracy for these two groups with the SSA ammo was 1.1" and 1.2" at 100yds. Yesterday I went back to the range with a box of the SSA 175 and a box of FGMM 168s. Went through all 40 rounds, cleaning between each 5 shot group. Long story short, I averaged approx. 1" with the SSA stuff. However, the Federal 168s shot lights out. The four groups came in at .43", .46", .64" and .68" (center to center). I couldn't be happier with the GAP-10. It was worth the wait and the money.

I'll post pics as soon as I can figure out how to do so on this site.

-John

Last edited:
Congrats! Those groups will get smaller with more trigger time. And if you handload, you can get them even smaller.

Pic attached. Apologies, but for some reason it wouldn't allow me to rotate before I attached it.

IMG_0221[1].jpg

Congrats! Those groups will get smaller with more trigger time. And if you handload, you can get them even smaller.

I do handload, but I'm not sure I will do so with my new gas guns. I look forward to running some Black Hills, Hornady A-Max and Copper Creek through it. I'm so excited with the rifle, I want to go back to range after work today.

Big thanks goes out to George and Ken and the rest of the team at G.A. Precision.

Congrats on the new rifle! Now stop breaking... I mean... breaking-in that barrel and just shoot it. :) Don't worry about copper fouling, because right after you clean it, your next shot lays it right back on. Just clean the carbon fouling from the brake when it gets caked, then shoot some more FGMM 175 gr.! How about some pics of the rifle?

I'm 4.5 months into my 10 month wait - this isn't making it any better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk