• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New GAP 260 has arrived.....

LegioX

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2009
Alaska
Hey Guys.
My wife's new 260 made it here!
laugh.gif
Here's a few pics to enjoy.

IMG_6036.jpg

IMG_6030.jpg

IMG_6029.jpg

IMG_6022.jpg

IMG_6006.jpg

IMG_6015.jpg

Specs are:
Rem 700 LH
Rem trigger @ 2.5 lbs
Badger bolt knob
Badger lug
Bartlein 1-8.5 twist varmit/pss contour 20" fluted bbl
Threaded 5/8X24 w/thread protector
Manners MCS-T adjustable stock w/6 flush cups
Badger DBM
Badger 20 MOA base
Badger standard rings
EFR mount

Many thanks to George and crew for a beautiful rifle!

Re: New GAP 260 has arrived.....

Yep,
After the pocket book recovers. At this time of year you need it by 1700 hrs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what NV you looking at ?

you gonna shoot the 139 Scenars or 140 VLD's ? </div></div>

Hopefully the PVS-22, since its for the wife's rifle I'm sure funding will be approved!
I have some 139's now and am waiting on the VLD's(Backordered from Cabela's)

The zebra is her's too. She's quite the huntress.

Man, they really screwed you on that action, the bolt is on the wrong side.

Nice rifle. That is almost excatly the rifle I am trying to build right now.

Very nice rifle. How long was the wait for it? (I am sure it will be worth the wait).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rifle. How long was the wait for it? (I am sure it will be worth the wait). </div></div>

Karey said 8 months and we received it at 6 months +/- a day or two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot976</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle, who did the paint on your stock? </div></div>

Todd, at GAP. I poached a few pics of other Hide members rifles and sent them to GAP, the wife threw in her 2 cents and that was that.
I think he did a fine job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful rifle, go lefties! </div></div>

My wife shoots long guns and writes southpaw, bats, golfs and shoots pistols right handed,all with a dominant left eye.
It's hard for me to keep track sometimes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertMonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does it weight? </div></div>

I'll try to get it weighed tomorrow.

sick little rifle, i really like that too bad its build backwards

That is a very nice looking rifle. Gotta like those 20 inch barrels, they make a gun handle so nice.

Yea Bolt...that Zebra looks pretty fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You still down in AZ? Got a .260 you can shoot it against </div></div>

We're back up in AK for a month or two. Hope to sneak down in Feb or so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You still down in AZ? Got a .260 you can shoot it against </div></div>

We're back up in AK for a month or two. Hope to sneak down in Feb or so. </div></div> Oh ok, I think I missed the range day that you went too. Let me know when you come back down and we'll have to get out and shoot.

Tucsondave got some video that day, I'm hoping he'll post it.

Sick ass build. Now, why can't I have a wife like yours? My hobby would be so much more fun with her (my wife, not yours) involved. Oh well. Cheers!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagayos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sick ass build. Now, why can't I have a wife like yours? My hobby would be so much more fun with her (my wife, not yours) involved. Oh well. Cheers!!!!!!!! </div></div>take her once, my wife had never shot a rifle before, i sat her down behind my newly received .260 and she loves it. she fired 65 rounds that day while i only shot 15.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertMonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does it weight? </div></div>

12.8 lbs with empty 5 rd mag and bipod removed.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. The wife thinks its cool. She's crackin' the whip at me to load up some rds. Kinda waitin' for it to warm up a tad too.
grin.gif

How about a velocity/load report when you get around to it??? I'm curious about the shorter barrel performance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2clicks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a velocity/load report when you get around to it??? I'm curious about the shorter barrel performance. </div></div>x2, VERY interested in the muzzle velocities you get out of this rig.

Do you know how much free bore there is in your chamber? What is the coal with the scenars at the lands? That is a very nice rifle. Im interested to here how they set up their .260 chambers. I had problems with my .260 chamber (not built by gap). Lesson learned.

I'll have an answer for you in a few days. Gotta get off work first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mohawk3A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you know how much free bore there is in your chamber? What is the coal with the scenars at the lands? That is a very nice rifle. Im interested to here how they set up their .260 chambers. I had problems with my .260 chamber (not built by gap). Lesson learned. </div></div>

Mohawk.
The 139gr Scenar is 2.852 at the lands.
Happy New Year!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2clicks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a velocity/load report when you get around to it??? I'm curious about the shorter barrel performance. </div></div>x2, VERY interested in the muzzle velocities you get out of this rig. </div></div>

Might want to look at this thread...Dar had some pretty good results going to 20".
260 with 20 barrel

lol, very nice man. goin to be building the mrs. one later this year as well.

How's it shooting ? What sort of mv/distance are you getting with it ? Thx

My chronys not working well enough to swear by. I hope to get some numbers in a month or so.
Using 142's from SW Ammo, it shoots very well at 500m. (As one would expect a GAP to do)
I missed shooting 1000m with Crazy Donkey the other day. I was hoping to stretch it out a little.

PVS22 and that rifle goes together like salt&pepper, that will be a great combo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagayos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which NF is sitting on top of it? </div></div>

5.5-22X 50mm NPR1