• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New GAP arrived...

Huntr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2005
Texas
My LH GAP Non Typical in 308 arrived!
GAP1stshoot003.jpg

GAP1stshoot002.jpg

Specs-
Templar action
Bartlein 1-11.25 #3 contour
McMillan compact Edge construction
Badger M4 Alloy bottom metal
Talley Lwt rings/bases
Leupold 4.5-14 LR with mil dot (for now)

Made it out to the range this morning at dawn before the wind started howling.

1st group from rifle- 45.0gr Varget 155gr Scenar
GAP1stshoot005.jpg

Worst group this morning
wink.gif

GAP1stshoot006.jpg

Thanks to George, Ken and the crew for a great product!

Re: New GAP arrived...

Damn nice rifle and looks to be a shooter too. Good to see a bolt on the right side for a change.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn nice rifle and looks to be a shooter too. Good to see a bolt on the right side for a change.</div></div>

+1 for the lefties.

Goes to show ya Gap can make mistakes to"wrong side"
Grate looking stick.

Thanks gents! Can't wait to post some pics of this rifle next to some dead antelope, elk, muley's and bears!

I got one of those from GAP this year...and, the bolt is also on the correct side: Very nice rifle. and, before anyone says it, I know the TIS sling is backwards I just put and it on for the picture and didn't pay attention to what I was doing
smirk.gif

GAPrecisionNonTypical004.jpg

Huntr,
What bolt knob is that? Is it a Remington bolt with work done or is the whole bolt aftermarket?

It is a Templar (Defiance Machine) action.

how much was that complete setup? and what range was that grouping very nice.

Specs and pricing are available on the GAP website. Groups were at 100 yards. First 2 groups through the rifle are what are posted.

Very nice stick and good shooting

George is simply an amazing human being and firearm-enthusiast celebrity!

Wow! Now that's a shooter. Looks like the load development was short lived. A good problem to have. The guy behind the bolt isn't to bad either! Great looking stick.
cool.gif

Regards, Paul.

Even if it is backwards that's one nice rifle, and a shooter to boot! The rifle is a tack driver for sure and like bolt fluter said, short lived load development lol

Nice rifle and great shooting.

What makes it 'non-typical' except the bolt being on the sinister
wink.gif
side?

You better bring it out to the NRA WC shoot this weekend and see if your GAP lives up to the <span style="color: #CC0000">HYPE</span>!!
lol mine sure did
wink.gif

Regards,
DT

DT,
That shoot looks like a lot of fun! I can't make it for this one, but am planning on the July shoot, are you gonna be at that one as well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huntr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DT,
That shoot looks like a lot of fun! I can't make it for this one, but am planning on the July shoot, are you gonna be at that one as well? </div></div>

never know till week of.

don't worry bout going and not knowing anybody, everybody there super helpful.

good luck.

DT

DT,
Thanks, I am looking forward to it.