• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New GAP Boom Stick!!!!! PIC Heavy!

Jeff808

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2010
Maui, Hawaii
Hi All,

Just thought I would share with you all the new stick that I got a couple months ago from GAP. Finally got around to taking some pix, only because I was running low on ammo, so not a lot of shooting till I make more! LOL!! This beast has a very expensive appetite!

With the help of GAP and months worth of lurking on this forum I gathered enough info. on what I think is a pretty neat rifle that does it's job well to say the least. In the past couple month I've put appox. 120 rounds through this beast. Zeroed it at the range, and it's been in the field ever since (Yes, no break period in for me:), whacking goats, feral boars, and AIXS deer. I was asked by a friend of mine to help with the control of feral goats, feral boars, and deer that compete with his cattle for food on his ranch, so why the heck not, I've got the PERFEKT rifle to do so!!

I haven't shot groups yet with this rifle, but I see no need. It's very effective out in the field. I've only gotten it out to 300yd (Chump change for the .338) but that will soon change. This rifle is a pleasure to shoot, with the muzzle break and the weight (20lbs Lock & Loaded/Heavy BIOTCH) recoil is that of a .243! Downside is this F#%@^$ heavy and cumbersome to carry in the mountain all day, LOL!

I'm planning on reloading for the beast, anyone got some recipes? Right now I'm looking to try VV560 w/250gr Nosler Accubonds.

Specs are as followed:

Badger M2008 Gen 2 Action in .338 Lapua Mag.
Fluted Bartlien 26 inch Barrel (MTU Contour)
Surefire .338 Muzzle Break
S&B 3-12x50mm w/Gen 2 Reticle, CCW/MTC Turrets
Badger low 34mm Rings
AICS 2.0 in FDE
Atlas V8 Bipod
Cerekote Black

Regards,
Jeff

ENJOY!!!

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0497.jpg

DSC_0498.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

Hunt.jpg

Re: New GAP Boom Stick!!!!! PIC Heavy!

That's one fine rifle there buddy
smile.gif

OMG!! You haven't shot groups yet....oh the horror, you're using a rifle the way it was meant to be used!!!
laugh.gif

JK, nice stick man.....would love to see some more pics of after you stretch it's legs a bit. Maybe some of your hunting area, considering where you're at it must be awesome.

Too bad you can't get a suppressor for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG!! You haven't shot groups yet.... </div></div>
looks like he shot a pretty nice group to me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmc80</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG!! You haven't shot groups yet.... </div></div>
looks like he shot a pretty nice group to me</div></div>
agreed, very nice group.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: georgiashooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmc80</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG!! You haven't shot groups yet.... </div></div>
agreed, very nice group. </div></div>

best 4 shot group I have seen in a long while...who says you need a 5 shot group to post!?!?

grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: georgiashooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmc80</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG!! You haven't shot groups yet.... </div></div>

best 4 shot group I have seen in a long while...who says you need a 5 shot group to post!?!?

grin.gif
</div></div>

Or a 3 shot group!

Nice rifle!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: georgiashooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmc80</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG!! You haven't shot groups yet.... </div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

exactly my thoughts, nice rifle, and way to shoot them hogs!

Nice rifle. Whats the story on the lincoln SA200 in the pic?

Thats a bad bitch man! Congrats

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NEW SHOOTER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BAD ASS </div></div>

This!!

How do you like the Badger action ? This is very close to my build plans , can you get a few close up shots of the bolt handle closed ? Did you have someone modify the stock for this action ? I know it had to be cut for the 2nd lug .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spooledup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle. Whats the story on the lincoln SA200 in the pic?</div></div>

Pix were taken at the ranches baseyard. I guess their not using the welder anymore, lol! That's probably the biggest welder I've seen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trailmudder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you like the Badger action ? This is very close to my build plans , can you get a few close up shots of the bolt handle closed ? Did you have someone modify the stock for this action ? I know it had to be cut for the 2nd lug .</div></div>

I love the Badger Action!! Haven't had any problems with it afield yet. But there are some cons to the action. One, it's frigggn heavy, two-Tolerances on the bolt is a bit tight (I plan on fluting the bolt). Other than those to minor things IMO it's the best action for a .338 Lapua Mag.

The guys over at GAP did the mods to the stock. The thing is built like a tank!! Doesn't help with the weight savings though, lol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG!! You haven't shot groups yet....oh the horror, you're using a rifle the way it was meant to be used!!!
laugh.gif

JK, nice stick man.....would love to see some more pics of after you stretch it's legs a bit. Maybe some of your hunting area, considering where you're at it must be awesome.

Too bad you can't get a suppressor for it.
</div></div>

I wish I could get a can for it, this howitzer puts a beating on your ear drums. Which is why I always shoot with ear plugs. And yeah Hawaii's hunting area is unique alright here's some pixs, enjoy!! @ about 3500ft elevation.

Sorry not the best Pix

GOPR0039.jpg

GOPR0040.jpg

GOPR0041.jpg

Thank you all for the kind words!!!!

Aloha,
Jeff

Very, very nice!

Where did you shoot those hogs, what part of the state etc?
smile.gif

great shooting!
smile.gif

My dream rifle. I'm jel bro.. Contracts on the stick

Hell yeah, pig slaying is fun. Working on paying off an AR308 for some up close stalking of boars around here. Pig sniping with that thing must be fun, the scenery is not too shabby either haha

Rifle looks good...would be neat to have those kinds of targets to shoot at.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pick up a TAB Bi-Athalon sling with upgraded hardware for your humps in the sticks. Perfect for your needs man, will save your biceps.

Love the rifle man. Keep killing those pigs, or come to Texas, we have a few you can bead up on.

https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/tactical-gear/regular-biathlon-sling-rbs.html </div></div>

Nice rifle you have there.

PM me if you want one. I have an multicam elite model for a great price.

I have the same gun with the same barrel. Mine loves 91 grains H4831SC Lapua Brass, 215M primer with a 250 Scenar 3000 Fps and is a laser.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pick up a TAB Bi-Athalon sling with upgraded hardware for your humps in the sticks. Perfect for your needs man, will save your biceps.

Love the rifle man. Keep killing those pigs, or come to Texas, we have a few you can bead up on.

https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/tactical-gear/regular-biathlon-sling-rbs.html </div></div>

PM me if you want one. I have an multicam elite model for a great price. </div></div>

biathlon_1_1.jpg

That is a badass sling ^ I'd like to try one out while riding my dirtbike through the hills of Hawaii going after hogs or get super stealth and use the mountain bike haha

Awesome rifle man!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pick up a TAB Bi-Athalon sling with upgraded hardware for your humps in the sticks. Perfect for your needs man, will save your biceps.

PM me if you want one. I have an multicam elite model for a great price. </div></div>

biathlon_1_1.jpg

That is a badass sling ^ I'd like to try one out while riding my dirtbike through the hills of Hawaii going after hogs or get super stealth and use the mountain bike haha</div></div>

In this pic what is the black piece of material under the obejective around the forend of the stock for ?

Awesome gun makes me anxious for when gap finishes my M2008 .338 Lapua. Except I don't have a wide variety of animals to hunt
frown.gif