• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New GAP Build

poison123

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2009
    US
    Just got this in from George and I got to say it came out perfect. Going to hit the range tomorrow and see what it can do.

Stats:
    Templar Action
    Bartlien 22" .260 rem Barrel
    SureFire Brake
    Timney Flat Trigger set to 2.5
    Atlas Bipod
    Spuhr Scope Mount
    SB 5-25 with Gen2XR
    And a Ashbury Mod1 Stock minus the top and side rails.

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

Re: New GAP Build

That looks nasty --- in a really good way. Nice build, cant't wait to see range report, although it's a GAP, pretty sure I know what the targets going to look like. Great build, congrats on the new rifle.

Wow!! I'm jealous, in a super jealous kinda way. That makes me want to sale every gin I own and get a clone of that bad boy, maybe in 6.5 Creed. Like said above I know what the range report is going to look like, but still want to see it posted.

I am sure it's going to be super accurate as all GAPs are. I know all mine are. Congrats.

Looks awesome! I'm really liking the Ashbury Chassis! I need to try to find one of those

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awesome! I'm really liking the Ashbury Chassis! I need to try to find one of those </div></div>

Its a really nice Chassis System.....god knows it ain't cheap but its real nice. Good balance, good feel.

lol I've actually got a TRG 42 338lm in one also. Debating on selling it and having George build me a GAP338 in the Stock, or just buying a Ashbury ASW338.

This Gap built one will be going with me to the Lonestar Competition in Texas in Dec if anyone is interested in getting hands on the chassis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awesome! I'm really liking the Ashbury Chassis! I need to try to find one of those </div></div>

Its a really nice Chassis System.....god knows it ain't cheap but its real nice. Good balance, good feel.

lol I've actually got a TRG 42 338lm in one also. Debating on selling it and having George build me a GAP338 in the Stock, or just buying a Ashbury ASW338.

This Gap built one will be going with me to the Lonestar Competition in Texas in Dec if anyone is interested in getting hands on the chassis. </div></div>

How much more do they cost then the new AI Chassis system?

That looks awesome Poison. World class rifle and scope. I'm anxious too see what you chrono on that 22" tube.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awesome! I'm really liking the Ashbury Chassis! I need to try to find one of those </div></div>

This Gap built one will be going with me to the Lonestar Competition in Texas in Dec if anyone is interested in getting hands on the chassis. </div></div>

How much more do they cost then the new AI Chassis system? </div></div>

Mod 0 Starts at 1660
    Mod 1 Starts at 2550

Then it goes up from there if you buy any of the other accessories they offer. They are very proud of their product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks awesome Poison. World class rifle and scope. I'm anxious too see what you chrono on that 22" tube. </div></div>

Based on what Lowlight told me(and he's the one who convinced me on the 22" barrel)

I should be able to push between 2750 and 2800 with little difficulties.

Not going to start load development tomorrow, but I've got a known good and recommended load for the Gap Chamber that I'm going to run. And I figure that should put me some where in the 2700's tomorrow.

Looking at their website... is the only difference between Mod-0 and Mod-1 the full length rail and the side pic rails?

Initially I thought Mod-0 didn't fold but it's says it does?

I ask because 1) I would want a folder and 2) You said: "Ashbury Mod1 Stock minus the top and side rails."

So... I'm thinking their description is misprinted on the Mod-0.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking at their website... is the only difference between Mod-0 and Mod-1 the full length rail and the side pic rails?

Initially I thought Mod-0 didn't fold but it's says it does?

I ask because 1) I would want a folder and 2) You said: "Ashbury Mod1 Stock minus the top and side rails."

So... I'm thinking their description is misprinted on the Mod-0. </div></div>

Per their price sheet,
    Fixed (non-folding) Shoulder Stock (HTA)- adjustable length of pull (recoil pad spacers), cheek piece / comb height and recoil pad position. (upgradeable to Folding and/ord Break Down Hinge Joint)

Folding Upgrade = 156 dollar upgrade.

Interesting... so the price difference is in the forend.

So for under 2k you can get a base model that folds...

It looks really sweet... let us know how it shoots!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting... so the price difference is in the forend.

So for under 2k you can get a base model that folds...

It looks really sweet... let us know how it shoots!
    </div></div>

More or less.

Talk to CoryT on there. He is the go to guy for Ashbury at the moment.

Thats the shit right their, absolutely beatutiful. Its going to be hard to shoot it with everyone gathering around to look.

That is a beautiful piece of equipment.

So when are you going to the range? Let see some pictures.

KT

Very nice! Definitely a little jealous. I'm also interested in your velocities, if you don't mind sharing when you get them.

Only a 3 rounder, but I couldn't bring myself to shoot that particular target anymore.

Load is 42.5gr H4350, 139gr Scenar, brass was slightly blown out resized 7mm-08(was shot in my old APA .260.......), Fed210M primers, OAL is 2.820 Velocity was 2715.

Bolt throw pulling it out was stiff....but thats because the brass was fubar'd from the APA rifle. Shot the same exact load with fresh brass from a friend and it cycled perfect. I figure you can get very close to 2800 with little to no pressure signs with ease. Figure that should be around 43-43.4gr of powder.

This group measured at .108" point to point.

IMAG0159.jpg

Nice rifle and apparently its a shooter as well, I look forward to meeting you and seeing the rig when you come visit the motherland.

NICE!

Is that a Team Honey Badger issue item?
    smile.gif

Had to be something sweet like that to get Mike to lay down his TRG.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NICE!

Is that a Team Honey Badger issue item?
    smile.gif

Had to be something sweet like that to get Mike to lay down his TRG. </div></div>

LOL....actually I'm the problem child who decided to go with a different stock vs what the other HBs are running
    smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only a 3 rounder, but I couldn't bring myself to shoot that particular target anymore.</div></div>

WUSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    grin.gif

That is a nice looking stick! WOW Wish I could spare the money to have something like that.

As always it shoots like a GAP. That is def good shooting right there both by the gun and you! You def have a shooter right there with that build