• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New GAP Maker Symbols

A10XRIFLE

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2002
N Kansas City, MO
www.gaprecision.com
Updated Symbols, Shirts updated as well.

407516408.jpg

All the symbols below the line are no longer at GAP its like the Team GAP Alumni below the line. The Cock and Balls was (Styx) Nick Pointer, Nick is a Firefighter in Rural Marshal Missouri now.

Got one of these:

GG_zpsb6782c24.jpg

one of these:

RL_zpsd3f7d41e.jpg

and two of these:

LS_zps9de82c27.jpg

They're all sickeningly accurate. Thanks for the great work, fellas!!!

My Eric Reid built left hand action is the pride of my collection! Some cool shit has passed through GAP's doors over the years. George has had the pleasure of coaching the all star team over the years!

LOL...I hate to admit it, but I noticed that too.

You would.

The primer anvil symbol of Tim Ferrell is the coolest, IMHO.

[MENTION=393]A10XRIFLE[/MENTION]

Are these symbols chosen or assigned? I'd like to hear the backstory on the "cock and balls" symbol....hard to believe a riflesmith chose that for himself.

Last edited:
Are these symbols chosen or assigned? I'd like to hear the backstory on the "cock and balls" symbol....hard to believe a riflesmith chose that for himself.

When I saw that symbol, I figured you had taken a position at Gap. Or at least assumed the position.

One Ray Lawler and one Bill Tompkins here. I wonder who has been building the Extreme Hunters?

I have a second hand Eric Reid build I have yet to shoot...so I've Gotta play devils advocate here, which stamp would you want on your gap?

I have a Tim Roberts built .308 that's not too shabby:) I got a couple more laying around here that I need to check out.

Under the handguard, if its a GAP-10 its built by Josh Mann or Luke Cirricione, if its an older one it could have been built by Jeff Hays

George,

I pulled my action and barrel out of the stock and I could not find my Maker's Symbol. Is it on the barrel itself? If so, I seem to be missing it. There are no marks on the barrel except for the Company emblem. Please let me know. I am just curious.

Still though, love my Hospitaller, thank you.

I've got one by Mathews, one by Lawler, couple by Mr. Gardner, one I need to pull and see bc I forgot and was before I marked them in my books, and then I also have one that has no makers symbol at all.

The unmarked gun was purchased 2nd had but claimed unfixed and appeared it. It's a Surgeon XL action 338L, surgeon bottom metal (pre-CIP), manners stock, but looked all over, no makers mark, just GA Precision (no KC, Mo) on one side and clambering on the other side of the barrel. Sat in a fellas safe a number of years, so figured it might have been pre-symbol proofing. Would love to know more though.

Bump to the top. trying to figure out who built these. I think the black one (extreme Hunter 16) was Francis K? Is the silver one Logan?

4237C958-14D9-4638-9FE4-6348DE6468B8.jpeg
1F9455B5-3D22-41DA-BB57-D2139AD23B90.jpeg