• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New Glock 26, got a few questions.

sable

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2010
Texas
I recently picked up a used Glock 26 for a great price, and its hardly been used at all. I think the guys wife shot about a box through it and decided she hated it so he bought her a full size.

Anyway, i got it for a steal, and now i have a few questions. I think i got an older model, theres alot of clearance between the slide and frame. ALOT of clearance. There is no play between the two, but there is clearance. It has the U-dot sights, though that may have nothing to do with age. The main thing i noticed is, the checkering on the front of the grip are absent. the finger grooves are smooth. Also the finish on the slide is rough, instead of as smooth as ive felt on ones in stores.

Did i just get an older one? anything to worry about or be aware of?

Re: New Glock 26, got a few questions.

Got any pics? That would help tell what you've got.

I can't remember which generation the 26 was released during. I didn't think it was early enough to not have any checkering or finger grooves. Sounds like basic factory sights. PO might have done a slight grip reduction if she has really small hands. Like I said though, pics would really help. Snap a few of the clearance you're talking about too.

I think you got a older one. Mine is about 3 years old and has the checkering on the finger groovs. as for the slide texture i have seen some that were faded and rough still factory. Not sure what heppened there.

Yessir

My camera-fu is EXTREMELY weak so forgive the pics. Im working with a shitty camera.

heres the smooth grip i was talking about:
DSC01576.jpg

Heres the best i could do to show the clearance and finish
DSC01575.jpg

I wouldn't worry about the clearance. I have two 2nd and two 3rd Gen pistols. The 2nd Gen (17&19) and the 3rd Gen (21&24) all have similar clearances. The clearance is pretty uniform to the point just before the takedown lever (where it steps in toward the slide). From there forward, the 17 closes up a little more than the 19, the 21 even more, and the 24 even more so (almost touches slide).

The 17/19 are just checkered with no finger grooves. My 21 had a grip reduction when I bought it but would assume it was checkered between the grooves. The 24 is checkered between like the other Gen3's I've seen.

Your slide finish looks like my Gen2's. They are very flat in color where my Gen3's are more of a shiny black color.The Gen3's feel slick compared to the others. The finish of your slide makes me think yours is an early Gen3 since it has finger grooves. Also, you can see the seam on the front strap.

I also noticed even though no one mentioned it is the trigger. The only one I have with a grooved trigger like yours in my 19. The other three are all smooth??? Maybe someone can chime in with more Glock Fu than I possess.

I've seen threads on the gaps before. Somewhere on the web there was a high speed video of a Glock firing and you can watch the dustcover flex. It's supposed to. Similarly to the guide rod which also is designed to flex too.

So this is normal and there's no reason I shouldn't trust my life to this weapon?

I never would trust a gun to save my life until after I've fired a few hundred rounds without malfunctions... That being said... It's a Glock, doubt you will ever have a malfunction unless you clean all the lube out of it and shoot thousands of rounds through it... Even then it'd still probably work haha

It's a Glock, you'll be fine!

Ha, I don't plan on carrying it until I have good training and a good amount of familiarization with the weapon. It makes no sence to carry a weapon you aren't familiar with. I plan on putting a couple cases through it before it gets carried.

Im just asking if there are any problems to be aware of.

I love my 26, my 22 and my 21! Over the years I have bought and sold many Glocks... I just keep coming back to them. Overall, they have been the most reliable and dependable tool I have ever found. Makes me wonder why I ever sold one in the first place. You will be very happy. Maybe buy a replacement spring set just in case.

all glocks have a gap like yours,shoot and enjoy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M855</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all glocks have a gap like yours,shoot and enjoy </div></div>
I have 8 diff Glocks and all hav gaps similar to yours.
You can go to Glocktalk.com and check your serial number for you born on date.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So this is normal and there's no reason I shouldn't trust my life to this weapon? </div></div>
You should be VERY worried. This is obviously a gross unacceptable flaw in the design and should never be carried. FORTUNATELY I run a Glock rescue program, this being the being close to Christmas and all I'll give you $200 AND pay for shipping to take this into my rescue program. PM for details
wink.gif

JK...maybe........As all have said the Gap is common on Glocks and I'd venture to say it helps with the reliability in various environ's. The "rough" finish is more common on the older model Glocks and the newer ones have the "smooth". Can't comment on the grooves, if you go over to glocktalk you could probably find an answer to that part. ANNN they could probably give you dates an all that mess on when the changes took place etc.

Dangit, Ghog beat me to it! Tell you what, I'll give you $300 for the little disaster waiting to happen! PM me!
smile.gif

Looks like a nice clean little G26. But, seriously, I've only got two, so if you want to sell it I'll be glad to take care of it for you!

I have the same gap in my 26 and it shoots great.

The smooth front strap is what really looked weird to me. I noticed the gap later when comparing it loosely to my XDM