• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

moochy28

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2007
Maryville,Tn.
Went to the gun show on Knoxville, Tn today and finally got a deal on a Gen 3 Glock 34. Been wanting a new one for quite awhile. Now need to find a good kydex holster as I am thinking of dabbling in 3 gun shoots...

500027608_photobucket_79507_.jpg

500027608_photobucket_79506_.jpg

Re: New Glock 34

I use a BladeTech\511 Thumb Drive with my G35, I like it a lot, I wanted a SERPA but didn't want my muzzle exposed from using a G17/22 holster, the TD is a better holster in every aspect, and so far none of SERPAs negatives, I put on a set of Sevigny sights with FO front, 25 cent trigger job, a Dawson magwell, and a Jager extended guide rod with 15lb wolf recoil spring, with my Gamer 40 load its a cream puff, lots of great info over at Brian Enos forums on Glocks.

Nice. The G34 is my fav.

Get yourself a bladetech or sidearmor rig for it.

I'm jealous. I've been running around with a G17 for several years now, most of those years wishing I had a G34 too. Congrats. Go with Bladetech.

Love the 34. Sold the one that I had and ended up wanting another so I got one on Saturday. Sucks for me because I bought a new one with two 10-rd magazines (did not check to see that because I'm not in a ban state so did not expect it) AND then went to a gun show on Sunday where the same dealer (I bought the 34 at his shop on Saturday) had a used 34 that couldn't be distinguished from new with full-cap mags for fifty or so dollars less than the one that I got on the previous day. It depressed me.

+1<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShootsBlanks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a Thumb Drive for 3-gun and really like it. I am not a fan of Serpa. Too many bad things happen with them. </div></div>

Nice! I have one for USPSA Production. First thing I did was ditch the sights for some Warren Tactical Sevigny Comps, then I stippled it. I have also put in a 14lb recoil spring and Glocktriggers.com Chanllenger kit, very nice BTW. I have since put a standard slide release on it as the extended one is more trouble than its worth. Have fun!

Yeah I already changed the sites to the Sevigny Comp sights with the fiber optic front..Great sights. Might send the gun over to C.Nash and have the frame stippled

whats better about the 34 over a 17... guess im just outdated.

34/35 are geared toward competition shooting, they have a longer sight radius, and of course a longer barrel, they come the factory with adjustable sights, 3.5 disconnector, extended slide stop, the frame is no different than the 17/22, the top end is longer.

I have been running a Sidearmor holster for my G34 for about a year. Thousands of practice draws and at least 10 matches and I have never had a problem with it. I added the drop/offset attachment and it is now about perfect for me.

Good luck.

Tom

Nice gun! I have a Serpa holster and it works great, you can also configure them differently with the platforms that are available.

I am looking to get a 34/35 slide/upper assembly for my 17.

I use the BladeTech Black Ice holster for my G34 and love it.

The difference between a 17 and a 34 isn't much. With the exception of the longer barrel/sight radius all of the other parts can be added to a 17. I have yet to find someone who shoots a 34 consistently better than a similarly equipped 17. For competition their are some marginal advantages IMO (can use the longer mag release in production class and can put slightly less powder in reloads and make power factor).

That being said if buying a gun for competition I would get a 34 but would not feel handicapped by having a 17.

For holsters for competition I have had good luck with sidearmor and bladetech.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L.Holmes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any Hide dealers who sell the BladeTech 5.11?? </div></div>

Their primary shop is about 35 miles south of me. I used to know a friend of the owner.

Have thought about doing that but no place to store inventory here LOL

Nice Glock 34, been thinking of one of those down the road..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have since put a standard slide release on it as the extended one is more trouble than its worth. Have fun! </div></div>

That would be my recommendation as well.

I would also install a Vanek trigger, a Dawson front sight and your choice of fixed rears (lots of good ones out there).

Glocks don't work for me, but with a different trigger, they're tolerable.