• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns New Glock 43x and 48 MOS

duckhunter175

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2020
DFW
Glock 43x and Glock 48 MOS are now released for sale-- I have one in hand if there are questions

Upgrades
MOS- optic mounting system
Single Slot Pic Rail
nDLC coating
'Marksman' barrel

Notes:
- Neither the TLR6 nor TLR8 will fit on this pistol. The pic rail prevents the TLR6 from proper seating and frame/trigger guard area isn't long enough for the TLR8 lug to make contact. I've heard Surefire already has a light developed for it and that Streamlight is in the works.
-There IS NOT an ambi slide stop
- LEFTIES- Shield Arms DOES NOT yet make LH 15rd mags... so you have to keep your mag release set up for a RH if you want to run that style magazine.

Tlr7 i believe sir

I think the size/shape of the TLR7 is similar to the 8 and it will have the same issue where it can't sit far enough back onto the trigger guard to get the lug to engage into the pic rail. May not be an issue on the 48 if it has the rail section further forward on the frame.

If I can get hands on a 7 I will advise!

Does anyone know if the new Trijicon rmr cc will fit on on these?

The timing of both releases seems too coincidental and this pistol is exactly what the CC was designed for But I haven’t seen a list of plates/adaptors yet or if it can mount direct.

It is slightly irritating that these things weren't included on the original iteration.

Doesn't the original have the glock marksman barrel?

It is slightly irritating that these things weren't included on the original iteration.

Doesn't the original have the glock marksman barrel?

No it’s straight up infuriating because that’s exactly what I wanted. I’m sure it Was glocks plan all along. Greedy fuckers. Just make incremental changes to the same damn gun for half a century. I’ve got a glock 48 I’m selling if anyone’s interested btw

Reactions: KarubaGold
No it’s straight up infuriating because that’s exactly what I wanted. I’m sure it Was glocks plan all along. Greedy fuckers. Just make incremental changes to the same damn gun for half a century. I’ve got a glock 48 I’m selling if anyone’s interested btw

Yup, if shadow systems ever makes a smaller version of the 920 I will be rid of Glock (except their mags).

Reactions: long range sponge
I think the size/shape of the TLR7 is similar to the 8 and it will have the same issue where it can't sit far enough back onto the trigger guard to get the lug to engage into the pic rail.

It’s the same light minus a laser. I don’t really see the point in this rail if they didn’t extend the dust cover to accommodate all these little lights in the market that fit flush with g19 length such as the TLR-7. Streamlight already had the anemic, 100 lumen TLR-6 made to fit the 43/43X/48... Now they’ll make another version of that for this new model?

Meh. I want the rail for a light, but the MOS system is stacking tolerances/failure points. I’d rather get my slide milled and have a direct attachment between the two, honestly.

But I can see myself buying a railed frame at some point.

Does anyone know if the 507k will be able to attach to the 48 mos without any modifications?

Looks like you would need this adapter plate, which is not ideal as you would lose your rear pistol sight as backup: https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/ac32098

Would need to get word from Glock on that-- the new 43x is MOS-- so according to Trijicon it wouldn't use the plate you listed above but a generic MOS plate (ac32099) which would leave the rear sights intact. It is a question that needs answered for sure.

I would guess that the Trijicon ac32099 is the generic MOS plate for Glocks with the standard MOS configuration. I did some searching and saw the below on the Glock EU website. The new 43x MOS and the 48 MOS looks to have a new "slimline MOS configuration."

Glock EU Website MOS Install.jpg

Reactions: duckhunter175
Reactions: duckhunter175
Glad they are finally catching up to the competition. I carried a 43 for years until I switched to a p365. The shield arms mags make a 48 interesting, but they were very unbalanced in the 43x for me.

Glad they are finally catching up to the competition. I carried a 43 for years until I switched to a p365. The shield arms mags make a 48 interesting, but they were very unbalanced in the 43x for me.

I thought the shield arms mags were fine in the 43x, however the extended base plates made them stupidly large. I wanted to try the sig 365xL but I'm not a fan of company that uses its customer base as their QC department.

Reactions: JakeK
Nightstick TSM-11G.. all you need to know

QUOTE="duckhunter175, post: 8827399, member: 160203"]
Glock 43x and Glock 48 MOS are now released for sale-- I have one in hand if there are questions

Upgrades
MOS- optic mounting system
Single Slot Pic Rail
nDLC coating
'Marksman' barrel

Notes:
- Neither the TLR6 nor TLR8 will fit on this pistol. The pic rail prevents the TLR6 from proper seating and frame/trigger guard area isn't long enough for the TLR8 lug to make contact. I've heard Surefire already has a light developed for it and that Streamlight is in the works.
-There IS NOT an ambi slide stop
- LEFTIES- Shield Arms DOES NOT yet make LH 15rd mags... so you have to keep your mag release set up for a RH if you want to run that style magazine.
[/QUOTE]

Looks like it has a very similar profile to the TLR6 in terms of the curved mounting surface. Couldn't find anything in the literature about mounting to the rail on the new MOS versions. I'm thinking it will have the same issue not fitting flush as the TLR6.

Now, if Tier 1 would get around to making an Axis/Agis mold for the MOS versions. I'm on the waiting list for some Shield Arms mags and metal mag release.

Yup, if shadow systems ever makes a smaller version of the 920 I will be rid of Glock (except their mags).
They came out with the 920L so my hopes are a 48 size pistol. Especially since their boy John Lovell has expressed so much pleasure with his newly acquired and customized g48. A Shadow Systems War Poet MR 920K?? That would be the sweet spot.

Got my two S15s about two weeks ago and a +5-- its nice to be able to roll out with 36rds in a small platform but it isn't light. Mostly I'm running the S15 loaded and a 10rd in my pocket and the S15+ in the vehicle or bag.

RMRcc on the way and I have the CHPWS plate ready to go.

Reactions: long range sponge
If I'm going to look at a chinese optic, it'll be the 507k. Otherwise RMRcc all day long.

CHPWS plate and RMRcc mounted up and g2g-- the plate sits past the edge of the slide just a tad. No real issue on the holster but I did take off a bit of material to ensure no snags on the draw.

I think the whole Glock mos system needs to go back to the drawing board. Send your Glock to danger close armament and do it right if you want to run a red dot on a 43x.