• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.81star

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2008
Nebraska
I just recently bought a new 700 police in a .308 but dont have it scoped up yet. I was reading through midway and (cant remember the exact name) came across these slugs, that looked like bullets, there were 4-5 of them with progressively diff. grits that lapped the bore. They claimed to a take a total of .0003 out of the inside is this something worth getting or wasted money. Are they needed with proper break-in? I have not yet shot this gun.

Re: New Gun

i wouldn't waste your money. spend it on rounds and send them down the tube. imho

+1<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgunn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i wouldn't waste your money. spend it on rounds and send them down the tube. imho </div></div>

try shooting it first. Then if you feel like rebarraling it pretty soon, shoot the fire lapping rounds. Otherwise just shoot it. Chances are it will out shoot the shooter for a long time.

Don't do it unless you have shot the gun and know from experience that you have nothing to lose. Tubbs Final finish will move your rifling ahead a lot more than .0003 making it much harder to reach the rifling if you are a reloader.

Its exciting to have a new rifle and consider all the possibilities that it may bring. Here is what I would recommend. Buy a quality scope and mounts and mount it according to the "how to" in the SH article section.

Use the money you would have spent on Final Finish to subscribe to the SH On-line Training course and carefully apply yourself to each lesson to learn them well. Do lots of dry fire.