• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy but not new, unfortunately...

BlackCypressRobb

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2023
Texas
Started my journey here in 2007. Last week I got an email that my email address had been changed. I was desperately trying to log in with no luck. Fortunately I have the SH app that I didn't use very often. I was able to open it and see "my posts" that some boogereater had made trying to sell a few Atlas bipod, some brass and an Acog. I was able to post replies warning the potential buyers that they were being scammed and to report the user. Luckily my account was banned quickly by an admin.

The moral of the story is, make sure you have the app. It can be a backdoor into your account if something like this happens. AND change your password early and often! I'm pretty sure I had the same one since 2007. Thanks so much to the admins and Lowlight for getting me back on board.

Anyway I'm a LEO for the state of Texas that's into all things shooting and hunting, especially thermal hog hunting.

Last edited:
Reactions: DustBun
I started in 2007 as well. I was out a couple years due to cancer and when I came back I had to make a new account. It happens I guess. Tech support was able to find my old account so I can look through old post if I want. I use the new one though.
I'm not sure why my text is bold here

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackCypressRobb