• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from Eastern Iowa.

Absit

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2012
DFW, TX
I'm just getting in to this precision shooting thing and enjoy the forum. I've shot pistols and ARs for a long time now but never touched a bolt gun. I'm watching through Rex's Sniper 101 on YouTube and although I only have 100 yards to shoot on right now I'm enjoying learning the small details behind long range stuff. I'm looking for people with land for some longer ranges, and looking in to DNR land as well.

I'm currently shooting a Ruger American in .308 with a Nikon MIL/MOA scope, I went cheap to see if I'd even enjoy this precision stuff and so far I am, but I'm only 50 rounds in. I broke in with some Georgia Arms 150gr and wasn't getting great groups with it, 2 minutes at best, but I'm pretty happy with that for my first time out with a brand new rifle and the cheapest ammo I could find.

I learned I need to work on recoil management and technique, a lot.