• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from Germany

KenS

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2020
Hello all and thanks for the adding me to the forum. I am a Texan currently living in Germany, I am retired AF and wife is still active hence Germany. I enjoy shooting long distance and don't have a lot of experience with it, just getting started. I have a Remington 700 in 6.5 Creedmoor back in the States as a long range rifle and I just picked up a used Tikka T3 Stainless Varmint in 7mm-08 here in Germany to shoot. Looking forward to learning some stuff on here and getting out on the range with my new weapon.

Ken

Reactions: Zorrosdens
🍻from next door. I’m a #FloridaMan livin temporarily in Belgium. Welcome to the cool side of the pillow.

Reactions: KenS
Guten tag Ken. Ich bin ein Los Angeleno, now living in Sparks, Nevada. All the German I know I learned by watching reruns of Hogan's Heroes. On a local over the air channel they show two eps/weeknights. Due to a recent programming change, I watch both of them again just before I go to bed.
Actually, I took one year of German in high school because it was supposed to be the "coming language" in the science field back in 1960. I am also former Air Force (only 4 years), but now retired and when I get a chance I go out to the desert to go shooting, although it has become more restricted around here due to a huge former BLM piece of land given to some Indians so they can increase their reservation. Now it just sits there as it was a nice piece of land to go shooting on, but is not allowed anymore. Damn you O'Bummer!
Welcome to the forum. I hope you can tell us about some of the gun laws in Germany.

Guten tag Ken. Ich bin ein Los Angeleno, now living in Sparks, Nevada. All the German I know I learned by watching reruns of Hogan's Heroes. On a local over the air channel they show two eps/weeknights. Due to a recent programming change, I watch both of them again just before I go to bed.
Actually, I took one year of German in high school because it was supposed to be the "coming language" in the science field back in 1960. I am also former Air Force (only 4 years), but now retired and when I get a chance I go out to the desert to go shooting, although it has become more restricted around here due to a huge former BLM piece of land given to some Indians so they can increase their reservation. Now it just sits there as it was a nice piece of land to go shooting on, but is not allowed anymore. Damn you O'Bummer!
Welcome to the forum. I hope you can tell us about some of the gun laws in Germany.
Kir, Thanks for the welcome, Germany is very interesting in it's gun laws and restrictions. You can only get access to firearms if you have a hunting license or sport shooters license, both require extensive courses. Luckily for me US mil get a reduction in the cost of the courses. Once you have that it makes purchasing a gun really easy, you can actually order them on line here and have them shipped directly to your home. There are quite a few shooting ranges here as well. Looking forward to sharing my experiences here in Germany while we are here.
Ken

How easy (or difficult) is it to get a suppressor? I have heard that it is no big deal in parts of Europe......Is that true?

How easy (or difficult) is it to get a suppressor? I have heard that it is no big deal in parts of Europe......Is that true?
They sell them in all the outdoor shops here, no license or forms to fill out. As long as you have a hunting or sport shooter license you can purchase one. You can only hunt with it if it is allowed in your area, but you are more than welcome to shoot targets all you like. As a military dependent I am restricted by US regulations and you can't bring it back into the States. But if your a Local National you can have all the fun you want with no wait.

Welcome from WA!

I was bummed when living in Germany they closed our local range down. Made friends with a local, who was into firearms as much I was. So we just shot on his property in the Rhein-Pfalz area, then up to Mosel for wine afterwards! Had a good time.

Welcome from WA!

I was bummed when living in Germany they closed our local range down. Made friends with a local, who was into firearms as much I was. So we just shot on his property in the Rhein-Pfalz area, then up to Mosel for wine afterwards! Had a good time.
I live in the Rheinland-Pfalz area and hunt near Traben-Trarbach near the Mosel. Great area!

Reactions: NiteQwill