• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy from Idaho

Magwa

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2021
Idaho
New but old guy lol, Hi all I am a 70 year old elk hunter, shooter Husband,Father Grandfather looking to improve on my skills at long range steel shooting. I have been shooting and reloading for over 45 years I have dabbled at long range shooting for years but never got serious till I retired 2 years ago I have reloaded for 7mm Apollo,7 STW 6.5 CM and now am working up a load for my new completed rifle a 6.5 x284 Norma 26 inch proof barrel rem,long action and Magpul Hunter stock,with a Vortex scope and atlas Bipod.... currently shooting Berger 140 Hybrid with H4350 at 2920 with sd of 5 . the loading I have a pretty good feel for but the actual shooting at range I need practice and need to get better at wind..... thanks for having this forum it is a wealth of Info....

I am just up the road in Orofino....
That's not up the road, it's up the crik. :) I usually shoot every weekend that I am home, unless I am fishing or hunting. I use the range out on Tom Beal road just north of Lapwai but also go out and shoot across canyon lands and that's usually out on the breaks of the Salmon River.

Reactions: TheChief
Welcome from W Washington. I drove through your neck of the woods last fall, beautiful country! Lolo Motorway was a blast.

Thank you all for the warm welcome I look forward to picking your brains for info..... :)

That's not up the road, it's up the crik. :) I usually shoot every weekend that I am home, unless I am fishing or hunting. I use the range out on Tom Beal road just north of Lapwai but also go out and shoot across canyon lands and that's usually out on the breaks of the Salmon River.
I live 2.5 hours north of you. Any longer ranges down there with some steel to shoot?

Yes we have a set of 7 steel targets setup from 410 to 1170
That’s fantastic. I’ve got a 300PRC I’ve been meaning to stretch the legs on. Might have to make a trip down there.