• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from Idaho

ECK

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2022
Idaho
Hello,
New guy from Idaho here. I like competition shooting (USPSA mainly), so I suppose it was only a mater of time that I delved into PRS and NRL22. I’ve dabbled in local centerfire PRS and try to attend a few matches a year. Recently a friend got me into precision rimfire and that has really captured my interest to get better on a long gun. Now that I’m retired I hope to make it to more PRS and NRL matches (ammo and reloading components willing).

I’m currently shooting a RPR in 6.5CM with a Vortex PST Gen 1 and a CZ455 VPT with USO TS-25X. What drew me to SH is the desire to upgrade my glass and I’ve been avidly reading scope threads to help narrow down my choice.

Cheers
-ECK

OP here. Appreciate the welcome, even a year later.

As an update, the 6.5CM RPR is no more. Sold it. Had a 6GT built off an Impact action w/ Proof barrel and TT trigger. Sitting in a MDT ACC. So yeah, you guys are a bad influence.

Also found my scope, a Burris XTR Pro. Liked it so much on the rimfire I got a second one for the 6GT. Again, y’all a bunch of enablers.

And added a mandrel die to my reloading process. That was a good piece of advice which I appreciate.

Cheers

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶