• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy from Kentucky

DonHD1975

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2020
Hey guys. Needless to say Im extremely new to long range shooting. Been listening to the podcast daily for the last few weeks and trying to learn as much as possible. I want to get decent enough to maybe enter a local competition at some point and then mostly like to get both of my daughters into shooting long distance. I have a few guns picked out for possible first purchase (ie. Ruger Precision, Savage 110, Savage 110 elite, or the Performance Center T/C LRR - all in 6.5 creedmoor) and a Vortex scope. So i'll be searching for numerous threads and doing a lot of reading for the next few months and beyond. Thanks for having us and letting us newbies learn. Now i just gotta find some places near central KY to start shooting at. I want to progress not just jump in at 1000 yrds. Start at 50 and work my way up. Bad thing is most places around here only go out to about 250 yrds max. Hopefully i can find some friends with farms. Big farms. lol