• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from Missouri

12Bravo20

Private
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2023
Missouri
New to the forum. I've been interested in long range shooting for a long time but have never competed. Being disabled and also a lack of events close to me has kept me from competing. Helpfully I can change that soon. The other thing hampering me is a lack of ranges with distant targets.

I have a Savage Model 12 FVL in 308 along with an AR in 6mm ARC that I like to shoot along with my Savage MkII BTVLSS in 22lr and a AR22 with a CMMG 16" heavy barrel. I find shooting my 22LR rifles and shooting my 17m2 more enjoyable now days since they present more of a challenge out to 200-300 yards compared to my centerfire rifles.

I'm an hour east of Columbia.

I have been to Benchrest a couple of times in the past but have no desire to join since there has been too much drama there in the last few years

I’m from MO and we shoot PRS style matches all over. Check out MO steel tactical on Facebook for all the info. Iberia, Mo has a range close to Columbia. Gadsden shooting range

Reactions: 12Bravo20
I’m from MO and we shoot PRS style matches all over. Check out MO steel tactical on Facebook for all the info. Iberia, Mo has a range close to Columbia. Gadsden shooting range

That is a 2 hour drive one way for me. It is 60 miles to Jef City from where I live. There is a private range that goes to at least 600 yards in Paris, MO which is an hour away. I know there is the Green Valley range in Columbia. I don't know if their rifle range goes past 250 yards to not.

I been to MO, I saw snow for the first time in my life.
Welcome from Australia !!

I had met a few guys from there when I was a member of Bikers Against Child Abuse. And some of them saw snow for the first time when they attended the BACA International meeting in St Louis, Mo. It was funny watching hard core bikers act like little kids in the snow.

Reactions: iceng