• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy From Mn

Natetron

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2024
Minnesota
I am completely new to long range shooting and in fact have not done it yet. Building a long range gun, and learning to shoot long range has been on my bucket list for a while now. I have been leaking the forums and have mainly been just reading topics on rifles and glass. I am now hoping to get a setup soon, and decided I probably should finally join.

Can't wait to finally try out long range shooting and hoping to learn it along with my nephew, who has also been wanting to learn.

Right now I am leaning towards Aero Solus, Tikka Tac, Seekins Hit, or something similar. I am then thinking Vortex or NF for glass.

Reactions: DustBun
Welcome. Where do you plan to shoot long range?
I am not a 100% sure yet. I live in the Twin CIties area so I know there is not really anywhere real close. I have heard there are a couple places that you can get out near a 1000 yards. I am thinking of taking a class that is suppose to teach you to get out to 750 yrds. That is located near Brainerd. Definatly would love to know of any good locations. The lack of long range ranges, is part of the reason why I have waited so long to get into long range shooting.

I am not a 100% sure yet. I live in the Twin CIties area so I know there is not really anywhere real close. I have heard there are a couple places that you can get out near a 1000 yards. I am thinking of taking a class that is suppose to teach you to get out to 750 yrds. That is located near Brainerd. Definatly would love to know of any good locations. The lack of long range ranges, is part of the reason why I have waited so long to get into long range shooting.
Depending on what you consider as “real close” , you could become a member of GRRC. 400+ acres of goodness. Known Distance range consisting of berms at 200-, 300-, 500-, 600-, 800-, 900-, and 1000-yards. 600-yard also has concrete benches; 1000-yard has covered concrete benches. If you didn’t want to become a member you can show up on Tuesday evenings (during warm weather) for “high power practice” and shoot for $10 a night. About an hour north of the center of the metro. About 20 miles north of Forest Lake, right off I-35.

Depending on what you consider as “real close” , you could become a member of GRRC. 400+ acres of goodness. Known Distance range consisting of berms at 200-, 300-, 500-, 600-, 800-, 900-, and 1000-yards. 600-yard also has concrete benches; 1000-yard has covered concrete benches. If you didn’t want to become a member you can show up on Tuesday evenings (during warm weather) for “high power practice” and shoot for $10 a night. About an hour north of the center of the metro. About 20 miles north of Forest Lake, right off I-35.
Looks like they are not taking new members right now. I see Faribault has a range that goes to 600 yards. Which is a little drive but not to bad. 600 yards will definitely be good enough for a while to learn the basics and get good st that.