• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from NC

BruteNasty

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2013
Hello yall. New Guy from Raleigh, NC here. Just finished up my AR and want to build and learn about long range rifles and reloading now. Looking forward to learning a lot from here!!

There's a great shooting community in NC, especially around the Ft Bragg area. Keep an eye out for training and/or comps down there. Welcome to the Hide.

Welcome to the Hide. I am only about a year on here, but there is tons of great info on here. Lots of opinions, some I agree with, some not, but that is great, as opposing views are offered in a friendly fashion, and you can make your own mind up on a subject. This seems to be a very great group of guys---and some great gals---willing to help you learn.

Suggestion: if you want to learn long range shooting and reloading, be sure to read thoroughly the series of 5 Reloading Steps by TresMon. Great info there. If you are new to reloading, suggest you find a mentor, or take a reloading class, before you start reloading. I recommend also that you get and read "The ABC's of Reloading." Great book full of vital information. I also read "Reloading for Handguns."
Do your research before you buy equipment for reloading. There is tons of good stuff out there, and a lot of discussion on the Hide about the relative merits of different tools and brands thereof.
Make sure to save your money, and sometimes you will want to buy an entry level tool so you can start, sometimes you will want to wait and get the best right off when you purchase. You can spend a fortune in builds and equipment for reloading, so do your research carefully, and often you will be able to get what fits your needs best the first time. Don't worry, if you get something you don't like, you can probably sell it to someone else.
Good Luck, Be Safe, and have Fun,
Tim

Awesome thanks for all the info! My buddy has the abcs of reloading and all the equipment so i will be learning with him for a while.

brutenasty.. glad to have a fellow NC'er to talk with, not sure where in NC you are but there are a few good places to go shooting if your in the Fayetteville area or close by, there is a shooting range just down the road from me (1/2) mile, I went down there last week and talked with the guys there, they do have a requirment for membership, you need to be military/LEO or ex-military/LEO in good standing if you come in by yourself, or you can have one of the guys there sponsor you.. they do have access to the 1000 yard ranges at bragg and use them a lot, the guys i talked with where very polite and helpful so i am going down next week and join up.
There is Tigerswan down on hwy53, ive been down there a few times and they have a nice setup, the range only goes out to 100 yards, if you want drop me your email and i will send you some photos, went out there yesterday and zeroed in a scope, wife took some pics so you can see what is it like out there.\
Theres jim pawn shop, they have an indoor pistol range, Guns Plus in spring lake also has an indoor range..

Awesome thanks for all the info! My buddy has the abcs of reloading and all the equipment so i will be learning with him for a while.

Great, you won't regret having a mentor. It is a very rewarding hobby, and there is tons of info out there. I like to find as much info as I can, and develop my own methods from there.