• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from North MS

mdorrjr

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2020
Hello All!

Long time lurker here but thought I would finally join. Especially after listening to Frank on the latest Dwell Time podcast with Griffin Armament. I am an avid hunter and reloader, but also love to just go out and shoot pistols, carbines, and rifles. While I love to shoot, I am more fascinated with operations of firearms/ammo and how each part affects each other. Here lately, its been the large frame ARs. Just built a 6.5CM with parts from various companies and had some learning curves. Especially since not as standard as AR15s. Just lurking on here has helped a lot with that. Looking forward to learning more.

Thanks,

mdorrjr

Welcome from Middle Georgia. You're ahead of me since I can't see investing in the toolage for building a .308 AR. But have been doing the research for almost 2 years cause the funds come so hard. Hope to see some great reports from you in the future brother!

Reactions: mdorrjr
Welcome to the Hide from NW Alabama!

What part of north Mississippi are you in?
Thanks. I am just south of Memphis. Once upon a time, I lived in Corinth and would regularly visit NW Alabama. Primarily along the Tennessee River fishing.

Reactions: Alabusa
Welcome from LA. I too just got into the larger AR platforms and built around a KAK .308 BCG, thinking about switching to 6.5.

Welcome from LA. I too just got into the larger AR platforms and built around a KAK .308 BCG, thinking about switching to 6.5.
Awesome. Just build a separate upper and have both. Just FYI, with the 6.5CM, I found it is better to have a bolt with the smaller diameter firing pin and hole than some of the .308 bolts have. Not sure if the KAK .308 BCG has that or not.

Awesome. Just build a separate upper and have both. Just FYI, with the 6.5CM, I found it is better to have a bolt with the smaller diameter firing pin and hole than some of the .308 bolts have. Not sure if the KAK .308 BCG has that or not.

I'm gonna need to do just that, separate uppers.