• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy From OH/NKY

Dusty Heaters

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
Hello everyone. Long time lurker on the hide and finally created an account.

I’m down in the Cincinnati area, close to northern Kentucky and eastern Indiana. I shoot bolt, gas, piston, pistol, and shotgun.

Thanks to everyone who make this community possible. It’s been a wealth of information for me over the years.

Welcome! I’m in the same area. Tough to find ranges around here, but still enjoy doing it even when I have to drive!

Reactions: Dusty Heaters
I’m new to the same area from Canada and have been really jonesing to shoot more than 100 yards since I got here.

Reactions: Dusty Heaters
Nice to meet you local guys!

You’re right, in the immediate area there are not many options for 100yds+. You’d have to drive out beyond Columbus to a place called Thunder Valley Precision for 1k+ toy shooting.

Miami Rifle & Pistol club has a range out to 600yds…but the membership wait is about 3/4 years, haha.

I head up to Spring Valley public range pretty regularly. Annual membership is $25. Nice facility for a public range.

I think in the near future I’ll be joining Impact for more versatility - night shoots, run & gun, draw fire, barrier shooting, etc.

Where do you guys normally go?

Honestly haven’t shot since the move in July. Used to shoot every single day back home. It’s been rough, but there are other benefits that I would never trade back.

Welcome from Ohio. Rayners range in Blue Rock maybe a little closer than thunder valley for you.

Reactions: Tokay444