• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from OHIO

flynbye

Just Rich
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2013
OHiO
hi everyone. I been lurking around here for a long time and really enjoyed the HAND loading sticky here. I would consider me a more tactical shooter but have really been wanting to get in long range shooting so here I am.

Welcome to the Hide. Great place get a lot of good information on nearly anything dealing with this long range game.

If you want to come participate or watch the match this weekend at Rayners Range ( http://www.raynersrange.com/ ) you'd be more than welcome. This isn't a "tactical" match but more a long range precision match shooting steel plates from 234 yards to 1000 yards of varying size. They will shoot both days but we'll be there on Sunday. Lots of fun, you'll get to see lots of equipment and after the match nearly everyone will let you check their stuff out and shoot it.

Topstrap

I would love to but I got family coming up this weekend maybe if they leave early I could get down there

open range day at thunder valley precision sat march 30 stop on out.

topstrap stop over if youd like. i have been waiting to meet you guys for awhile now.

look for the guy with the big blue and black savage.

I am 30 min east of Cleveland. Which I know is the worst area to try to shot long range

Welcome to the Hide. Looks like you are in good hands.

I am 30 min east of Cleveland. Which I know is the worst area to try to shot long range

Haha yeah that's a rough spot to get some long range time in. My brother is up in Toledo and struggles with the same issue

flynbye,
my buddy and I drive up from KY pretty often to shoot Rayner's and Thunder Valley.
Both are great ranges, and both have a bunch of good shooters who are always ready to help out.

Well help is always good I don't have a rifle yet. I was going to go with a rem 700 platform. And was thinking a 260 or a 308. I am one of those people who like to research the shit out of stuff before I buy.

I've read that switching a remmi 700 in .308 to a .260 is just a barrel swap away due to the fact that the cartridges are based alike. I've personally never done it but I was in the same delima and after researching I went with the .308. The ballistics are a little better in favor of the .260 for drop and velocity but it wasn't enough to talk me into it at this given time. I also went the route of savage =\ all my buddies have remmi's and wetherby's so I wanted to be different in a cost efficient manner with plenty of options to upgrade. All in all my vote would be .308

open range day at thunder valley precision sat march 30 stop on out.

topstrap stop over if youd like. i have been waiting to meet you guys for awhile now.

look for the guy with the big blue and black savage.

We'll have to do that this summer. Just finished my latest LR pistol in 6XC on a Savage Target Action and want to stretch it's legs a bit more and give that mile target a whack. Nothing like being the Black Sheep in the group with a Savage but if we stick together we'll be safer :)

Easy to swap barrels on those Remmi's now with the Rem-Age barrels, just finished one in 260 and tried it this weekend on another of our LR pistols, shot really well and was surprised. Just another option for the Remmy guys on a budget and want to change calibers.

Seems to be a lot of Buckeyes popping up lately. Hope to get around to meet more this summer.

Topstrap