• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy From RI

Lucky Se7en

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2014
RI
Hey guys, just stopping in to introduce myself. I'm just getting into shooting for the most part, I have a couple pistols & a Ruger 10/22 that are fun to mess around with but I'm looking to do a little more shooting from a distance so I went out & bought an Accuracy International AE MK III. I'm looking for a scope to put on it & came across this website and it looks like I can get some good advice here & I'll have my hands full reading through the optics section. If you have any suggestions on a scope that'd be a good deal for my setup feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
Sam

Welcome. That's a great start to long range shooting. Optics will really depend on price range.

I'm really looking for the best deal but I'd rather sacrifice my budget for quality. Living in the northeast makes it difficult to find a range that is greater than 300 yards so I won't need anything over the top. I still want to get something that I can use for longer distances if I get the opportunity

Check out the viper pst ffp, it's a great scope for the money and will have no problem reaching long distance when you have the chance if you get the 24x model.

I'm sure others can chime in. This is just one I have had as my first long range scope before I got my s&b. It has treated me well.