• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy from San Antonio, TX

RomingnomeTX

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2014
Hello. My name is Nathan, and I'm a gunaholic.

I've been shooting most of my life, rifle, pistol, and shotgun, and have consistently shot out to 300 regularly with hunting accuracy (1-1.5 MOA).
Late last year I wanted to get better, so I added a heavy barrel to my AR-15. I could have stayed with my hunting rifle, but good .223 ammo is much cheaper than .300WM. I stayed within 200 yards due to available ranges where I am, but got around the 3/4 MOA range consistently. I can normally reach out as far as I want at my family's place in East Texas, but it actually rained earlier this year so the grass has been too high.

Fast forward a few months and I'm talking to a buddy who was interested in building a custom AR-10, but he's needing to sell his DPMS LR-308 to finance it. We work out a deal, and I get what I'd hoped to be a 1MOA rifle that will reach out to a thousand as I progress, and take deer and hogs at a good distance. Turns out it's a 1/2 MOA at 200, and I'm bit by the bug. I spent five hours with my friend Sunday getting pointers on how to improve my consistency, remove my flyers, and BSing about life. One of the things he said was to get on here and read till my eyes hurt. I've researched parts on here for my 15, but I want to be more involved so I can get better.

Please forgive me if I ask dumb questions, I assure you I will have researched them before asking. While I certainly know less than most on here, I'll add my opinion if I have first hand knowledge of a topic. I do have experience building AR-15's (including the above AR15 from individually sourced parts), and have learned from a few mistakes I'd be happy to steer others from making. I'll try to not be too sarcastic, but I make no promises.