• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from Southern Illinois

Nightlybane

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2018
Illinois
Hello, I haven't really introduced myself yet and I've been here a while, lurking etc. Commenting on some posts. I'm Nathaniel, 24, currently in the Army National Guard, leave for basic in November. I like hunting, but I'm wanting to learn long range shooting. I'm currently building a .300 wm or .300 prc. But I'm mostly leaning towards .300 prc. I do have a Mausingfield on the way from Washington as we speak, just waiting on that and then the build begins with saving up for parts etc.

Welcome aboard.

Agree that everyone needs a good .30 magnum. I personally went 300 WM, but that was two years ago. The PRC does have me intrigued for next time.

Reactions: Nightlybane
Welcome aboard.

Agree that everyone needs a good .30 magnum. I personally went 300 WM, but that was two years ago. The PRC does have me intrigued for next time.
Thank you! I'm really leaning into the PRC because I want to get into the rabbit hole of reloading. I also need an AR again and practice reloading for that then step up to the magnum reloading. Not sure if it'd make a difference.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
Thank you! I'm really leaning into the PRC because I want to get into the rabbit hole of reloading. I also need an AR again and practice reloading for that then step up to the magnum reloading. Not sure if it'd make a difference.

No experience AR reloading, but the 300 WM with H1000 and Berger 215's isn't proving that difficult so far.

Thank you. I'm trying to build a dream rifle that's mine and not a prebuilt one.
Hearing you say you’re building “your” perfect rifle is nice. Not a competition with anyone per say, just you and the rifle,...maybe I’m sounding mysterious here, but I like the sound of the sentiment. Make yourself proud...the most important thing. 🤙

Welcome from CO. And welcome from a northern IL ex-pat