• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

[New Guy]

Ford Raptor *****-er
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2013
[Wherever GOV Wants Me]
Hey All,

Just wanted to do my semi-late introduction sooner, rather than later.

I am from Texas but am currently in the US Navy and hope to commission into the Marine Corps at a later point in time. I enjoy shooting, mudding, noodling, and just about any type of good ole' Redneck activity that I can put my mind to. I will admit that my prior shooting experience did not extend beyond the scope of roughly <300 yds and nothing with to do with Optics.

I'm here to learn but I figured that like all things in life, better to make the mistakes early or get it right the first time to save headache and heartbreak. So with that here are some pictures of my set-up.

My Choice in Glass:

My MRAD, waiting on Long Range Accuracy's F-Class Bipod:

My M107A1:

Barretts:

My Truck (the white one...):

Hope that's a good start. I'll try reading through as much as I can but truthfully I'm on Leave right now with only a week left to go, and I was hoping anyone might have some suggestions on a good book or two that I can also purchase to supplement my now-still non-existent knowledge of long range shooting. Truthfully, these are the first scopes I have ever owned and also these are the first two quality rifles that I have owned too. I own a few firearms but these two are the first breaking $3K.

Thanks for reading!

-Tom