• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from the Inland Northwest

ChipSawdust

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2021
Spokane, WA
I've been lurking on this site now and then for a long time; figured it's time to join and be able to post now and then.

I've been shooting since I was a young'n, so over 50 years. That includes BB guns, air rifles, shotguns, rifles, pistols (semi and 6 gun) and even potato guns :) I've also been reloading for 20+ years.

That said, I'm new to the long range pursuit. I'm not so much a PRS or sniper type as I am a bench paper puncher. But once I get my "beginner" rifle settled in with loads it likes, that may change. I have no plans on going pro or anything like that, but I do plan to compete starting this summer at my local range.

So to start I found, amazingly, a Ruger Precision in 6.5CM. You can't find them online, but I found one in a store where I had no expectations of it when I walked in. SOLD! I put a cheap Vortex on it (Diamondback 6x24) and I love it. Plans later for a far better scope but for my purposes getting started and watching the budget, I'm dang happy!

I've started long range planning for a Bartlien barrel when this one has seen its day go by. But with the shortage of (mostly) primers, it may take a while to get that far.

Before the 6.5CM I mostly shot 300WM rifles. I have an old 77 MkII All Weather with an ancient Weaver on it, and a new Browning BAR MkIII with a new Leupold on it that I absolutely love shooting (and just looking at!). Both are 300s. The Ruger may get a new Boyds stock this year if it's a good boy. I'm no fan of the stock it came with.

To the guys who run this site, thank you. For the mods who put work into keeping things running the way they're supposed to, thank you as well. I've been on a few forums in my day and know how things work. But mostly I'm looking forward to talking to everyone here who have already (unknowingly) given me a lot of good info and things to think about.

Chip

Attachments

• IMG_2276.jpeg
    IMG_2276.jpeg
    531.6 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: 338dude
I've been lurking on this site now and then for a long time; figured it's time to join and be able to post now and then.

I've been shooting since I was a young'n, so over 50 years. That includes BB guns, air rifles, shotguns, rifles, pistols (semi and 6 gun) and even potato guns :) I've also been reloading for 20+ years.

That said, I'm new to the long range pursuit. I'm not so much a PRS or sniper type as I am a bench paper puncher. But once I get my "beginner" rifle settled in with loads it likes, that may change. I have no plans on going pro or anything like that, but I do plan to compete starting this summer at my local range.

So to start I found, amazingly, a Ruger Precision in 6.5CM. You can't find them online, but I found one in a store where I had no expectations of it when I walked in. SOLD! I put a cheap Vortex on it (Diamondback 6x24) and I love it. Plans later for a far better scope but for my purposes getting started and watching the budget, I'm dang happy!

I've started long range planning for a Bartlien barrel when this one has seen its day go by. But with the shortage of (mostly) primers, it may take a while to get that far.

Before the 6.5CM I mostly shot 300WM rifles. I have an old 77 MkII All Weather with an ancient Weaver on it, and a new Browning BAR MkIII with a new Leupold on it that I absolutely love shooting (and just looking at!). Both are 300s. The Ruger may get a new Boyds stock this year if it's a good boy. I'm no fan of the stock it came with.

To the guys who run this site, thank you. For the mods who put work into keeping things running the way they're supposed to, thank you as well. I've been on a few forums in my day and know how things work. But mostly I'm looking forward to talking to everyone here who have already (unknowingly) given me a lot of good info and things to think about.

Chip
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee