• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from the volunteer state

BlackKAC

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2020
Tennessee
Hello everyone. I’ve been a lurker here for a few months and finally decided to join the Hide. I’m new when it comes to long range shooting. Most of the ranges near me are 200 and in so long range hasn’t been a huge deal to me until recently. I love to learn and there has been a new range built about an hour from me that reaches out to 1k. Thus my decision to join. I have the funds but haven’t made my rifle purchase yet. I really enjoy semi auto shooting so I’m leaning towards a high end 308 (have it narrowed down to a Scar 20s or KAC SR25 APR/APC). Primary goals are long range but I’d also like to practice drills with it at the ranges closer to me so I’m still a little torn on rifle choice. I’ve been doing a lot of reading here for the last few weeks on both rifles but if anyone has any experience or just wants to strike up a conversation about them feel free!