• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from Upstate NY

MerrillErrolLehryl

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2021
Upstate NY
Hey folks,

I'm a total newbie and I want to learn as much as I can to get into long range shooting and eventually PRS. Just lurking here for a bit, I've already learned a lot so I'm excited to engage the community.

I just bought a Tikka ctr in 6.5 CM but I haven't got to shoot it yet! Ammo has been hard to find but I have some coming my way soon. Timing has been challenging since the range I planned to start training in is closed for the season (sheepdog in Catskill) and I'm a little intimidated by some of the clubs around me, despite their good reputations.

Anyways, hoping to learn a lot from you experienced folk. Glad to be here, cheers!

Welcome! From upstate NY. Don't be intimidated to shoot at any range. Everyone at the range was you at one point, and they probably didn't have a nice Tikka to start with!

Reactions: MerrillErrolLehryl
Hey folks,

I'm a total newbie and I want to learn as much as I can to get into long range shooting and eventually PRS. Just lurking here for a bit, I've already learned a lot so I'm excited to engage the community.

I just bought a Tikka ctr in 6.5 CM but I haven't got to shoot it yet! Ammo has been hard to find but I have some coming my way soon. Timing has been challenging since the range I planned to start training in is closed for the season (sheepdog in Catskill) and I'm a little intimidated by some of the clubs around me, despite their good reputations.

Anyways, hoping to learn a lot from you experienced folk. Glad to be here, cheers!
Sheepdog is a good place