• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from VA

SWprotected

Private
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2020
I have been lurking for some time, and have to say this place is has tons of information. It kept coming up every time I googled a topic about rifles and scopes. I have an interest in shooting PRS matches. I have been shooting competitively since 2013. All of my experience is competing in USPSA, IDPA, and ProAm. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge on this sight and look forward to learning some new things.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
Look up vprc on Facebook for Va and surrounding matches (vprc holds matches at VIR but links to others), mason dixon precision rifle series (md and PA), pigg River precision rifle (va), and frontline defense (Nc). Peacemaker might end up having one club match this year so that’s another place to look. Depending on where in VA you live you should find something given these options.

Look up vprc on Facebook for Va and surrounding matches (vprc holds matches at VIR but links to others), mason dixon precision rifle series (md and PA), pigg River precision rifle (va), and frontline defense (Nc). Peacemaker might end up having one club match this year so that’s another place to look. Depending on where in VA you live you should find something given these options.
Thanks, I have been looking at match locations. I have shot USPSA at VIR a few times. Where do they typically do registration?

The matches generally fill up pretty quick. All the matches use practiscore to register. FB is really the only place to stay updated on the match information.

Reactions: SWprotected
From where you are I'd definitely check out front line defense and VPRC. You get off 95 and head west at Rocky Mount NC. Paul puts on enjoyable matches. He can put out some pretty small targets. When I lived in NC, I would drive up and RO. Andy Slade and Bryan Lewis put on the VRPC matches. Andy posts a fair number of short teaching videos on the VPRC FB page. I haven't gotten to shoot any of their matches at VIR, I did shoot a match at the old site and thought it was a good match. I've shot 3 gun nation LR matches at VIR before VPRC started using VIR, fun matches (LR gun and pistol) those maxed out at 800 because of the way the facilities were arranged then. Since I moved to the DC area, I haven't shot either, a bit far for a 1 day trip.

Man, we need to go shoot together some time!!! I like shooting USPSA and am getting into PRS. I live in a Trailer Park...you may have heard of it the Dinwiddie Invitational 👍

To anyone interested, Quantico Shooting Club holds USPSA and Steel Challenge matches monthly on the base (we're not COVID restricted and have been open and shooting since May). We've also run NROI classes and have shot two classifiers recently. We're winding down for the holidays, but will be back with our January matches staring on the 9th with a USPSA over 2-days and Steel Challenge on the 17th.

We've made significant investments in infrastructure, steel, etc., to add to the professionalism of the events and raise the quality of the matches for the shooters. You also do not have to be a member to shoot a match.

Right now we're test driving PRS (to get out the kinks) and will be starting PRS matches in February.

We have asked Frank and Mark to try and get us on the 2021 calendar for a long range precision course.

Our calendar page is here.

The QSC Practical Shooters Facebook page is here.

QSC on Instagram is here.

We do registrations through PractiScore.

Also if you get a chance, look into K&M precision. The facility is like nothing you could imagine and the PRS matches are fantastic. The guy that owns the facility actually owns PRS