• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy from WNY

MotorOilMcCall

Mandalorian
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2014
W.C. FL
Hey guys,

Been on here a bit to check out classifieds etc, finally introducing myself.

Background, late 20's, Mechanical Engineer, long time shooter (since I was a kid with my old man). Shot on the rifle team in high school and went to West Point for states my junior and senior year. Grew up in Clarence, now live in Lancaster (both outside of Buffalo).

I currently shoot at a friends range out to about 350yds (always looking for longer), shooting .22lr to .308 and a few calibers in between.

I reload, and am "helping" a few friends reload as well. As you can see from the attached photo's, my .308 is a tack driver. That target is @ 100yds, with my Savage 10 FCP-K from the bench (bipod only). FYI, the load data: 168gr SMK, LC Brass, 44gr Varget, WLR primers, .006" O.L. Started at 42.5gr, ended that target at 44 and found between 44 and 44.2 is the sweet spot for Varget. Going to try to develop a load for IMR4064 as well, just because its so much cheaper and easier to find in stock...

Center target was for sighting in and was using XM80 factory ammo.

Looking forward to shooting some longer ranges this summer, but I shoot regularly over the winter as well to stay sharp.

Attachments

• matts rifle1.jpg
    matts rifle1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 16
  • matts target1.jpg
    matts target1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 13
  • matts target2.jpg
    matts target2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 10
Nice shooting! I'm new to the site also and have been shooting my hole life. Mainly for hunting purposes but just now getting into the long range game. This site has tons of great info welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Always been a hunter here as well, less and less as I get older have less free time. Welcome to you as well!

Welcome to the hide. Always good to have another WNYer.

I'm a few hours from you and recently bought the same rifle. shot 1/2 MOA or so at 200 yds the other day with Walmart Winchester 180s and Rem 150s. I'm pleased with that!