• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy here from NW Arkansas

TheCoot00

Private
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2023
Gravette, Arkansas
Hey guys

New here from Northwest Arkansas. Have been an enthusiast for most of my life. A lot of experience on the AR-15 platform but the run and gun style gets boring so want to move into something far more challenging and precision long range seems to be a fit. I don't know of anywhere near me to really get past 100yds so I am open to any suggestions. I have very little knowledge of precision shooting but really want to learn and setup some rigs to get down range.

Anyone in my area?

Reactions: DustBun
Hey guys

New here from Northwest Arkansas. Have been an enthusiast for most of my life. A lot of experience on the AR-15 platform but the run and gun style gets boring so want to move into something far more challenging and precision long range seems to be a fit. I don't know of anywhere near me to really get past 100yds so I am open to any suggestions. I have very little knowledge of precision shooting but really want to learn and setup some rigs to get down range.

Anyone in my area?
Not anymore, but was born and raised in Polk County.

Hey guys

Anyone in my area?
In the Arkansas River Valley here. Welcome 🇺🇸🍻

Welcome from CO. I’ve never lived in Arkansas, I just have some family in Randolph county on the other side of the state. I remember it being beautiful when I visited

Welcome to the Hide. I am currently in Maine but my wife and I have decided to move to the Jasper area in the next few months. I haven't had a chance to research shooting ranges yet but if I hear of any I'll give you a shout.

Welcome to the Hide. I am currently in Maine but my wife and I have decided to move to the Jasper area in the next few months. I haven't had a chance to research shooting ranges yet but if I hear of any I'll give you a shout.
May have to make our own !! 😉 🇺🇸 I have little trouble finding places to shoot as far as you want. Getting acclimated to the state has its rewards 🍻

I’m in west central AR. It’s not long range per se but if you get an itch to try PRS Recon by Fire is in Rose, OK and I think he has 1200 yards. 45 minutes west of Siloam Springs. I shoot the rimfire version there. Its a challenging range and Bud (range owner) is a good dude.

EDITED because I can't spell Siloam. :LOL:

Last edited:
Hello there…I second nikonNUT’s suggestion regarding Recon By Fire. I live in Fayetteville and drive out every Sunday. I like the drive as it’s a perfect distance (1 hour) to fit a podcast into. Bud run’s a legit place and it’s the closest membership based range with that kind of distance. You have covered bench and prone options for 50 yards out to 1200 yards. The long range berms are setup with steel. Also, there is a legit PRS style course on the property setup for both rimfire and centerfire. I’ve met a bunch of great folks out there. Come on in…the waters just right!

Am near Tulsa, OK , or in CO (Gunnison area) unless "they" pull my chain.

Sounds like the place at Rose, OK would be nearest for you.

Open Range Shooter's Retreat near Ramona, OK might be worth checking into, but that is farther away from you (approx 100 miles).
Fouled Bore is near Ninnekah, OK (maybe an hour south of OKC).

Reactions: nikonNUT
A little late to the thread… recently moved back to Northwest Arkansas last year. We seem to be in the same boat. I can’t find anywhere to shoot past 100. Have you had any luck finding a place?

We used to have a place in Lincoln that had 1k with steel but it got shut down. That’s the only place I’m aware of close by. Gonna have to look into the Recon by Fire place mentioned earlier. I enjoy the run n guns but think a PRS event would be fun.

Reactions: Skint Back