• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New guy here with a Leupold custom shop question!!

glockophile

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Underground bunker! Indiana
Hello, Im new here to snipers hide. Ive been lurking for a long time but finally decided to sign up. Heres my question...

Ive been putting together a new rifle and had everything but the optic. I was at a local store on friday and I was browsing the scopes and they had a brand new in box Leupold VX III 3.5-10 x 40 marked down to $420. The clerk said they were discontinuing it and when he rung it up it rang up at $330.00. I couldnt pass it down even though it wasnt exactly what I was looking for (I had been saving for a Mark IV). So I called the Leupold custom shop to inquire about having M1 turrets installed and they said they could do both the windage and elevation for $130.00 with a 3 week turn around. This rifle will realistically only be a paper puncher out to 200 yards so thats why I had doubts about needing the Mark IV. So my question is, have any of you ever used the Leupold custom shop and what was your experience like? By the way, Great forum. Thanks

Re: New guy here with a Leupold custom shop question!!

Use them with no worries. They made the scope and know how to do the work to it. In fact, I think that is the only way to have work done and maintain the warranty. They will give it a once over and update the info with its serial number in their system so for future reference or owners, they can call Leupold and check the serial number to see what the history is.

My Mark 4 has M1's and TMR's installed at the custom shop. Its a little easier for me since they are less than an hour away from me.

Just got my VX-III 6.5x20x50mm back from Leupold's custom shop, had M1 turrets and a TMR reticle installed. It was a little less than three weeks and they done a great job, I'd use them again with no worries.

Kevin.

I sent in my vx3 about a year ago for the same upgrades. Im very pleased with their service and would do it again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rappeller-11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent in my vx3 about a year ago for the same upgrades. Im very pleased with their service and would do it again. </div></div>

You wouldnt happen to have any pics of the VX III with M1 turrets would you?

You'll be happy with the custom shop, it's one thing Leupold still does pretty well.

If you decide against that scope, I could use another for my dad's rifle, if you want to make a quick $50 PM me.

For the turret change it was $129.99
For the TMR reticle change it was $159.99
For a total of $289.98 which includes return shipping.

i purchased a new vx-3 about a month ago and called the custom shop and order my turret and had it in hand in 16 days! super nice guys and extremely fast turn around