• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy here.

Tom26

Private
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2009
Glencoe, MN
Greetings everyone,

I've already purchased a few things in the for sale section a few months ago and I figured I should probably introduce myself.

My name is Tom and I have actually been visiting this site for a about a year and have been reading and learning quite a bit of excellent information that you people have provided. More and more I am realizing that the knowledge I have aquired is only the tip of the iceberg.

I started off shooting a 22. A savage 64f camo. I sold that to buy a bigger gun and right now I have a 700 sps varmint in .308. I fudged on an attempt to bed the action in the factory stock as practice, so I purchased a hogue overmold (the one found on an sps tactical). For glass I bought a barska, heard the general consensus about barska (or barfska i'm told) around here, sold the barska and am now using a bushnell 3200 10x40 on low burris xtr rings. (poor poor man's setup) I am actually in the process of lapping the rings. I am also reading into reloading. I've purchased a reloading manual as instructed by many people on this forum and am now glad I listened and did not purchase any equipment yet because there is so much I do not know.

I've probably only shot 200ish rounds in a high powered rifle over a span of 3 years due to my location and being a poor college student. Therefore, I have little practical knowledge but am constantly thinking and reading about precision shooting. I am studying to become a mechanical engineer. I live about 1 hour from the Twin Cities.

Anyways, thats a little about me and my experience (or lack of). I look forward to learning from the many knowledgable people on this forum.

-Tom