• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

new guy here

Burky23

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2017
New to this whole long range thing. Just got a left hand Remington 700 SPS varmint in .308. Come to find out, being left handed makes things interesting. Is there anything out there maybe halfway tailored to a lefty?

New to this whole long range thing. Just got a left hand Remington 700 SPS varmint in .308. Come to find out, being left handed makes things interesting. Is there anything out there maybe halfway tailored to a lefty?
Yes, everything tailored to left handed shooters should work for a left handed shooter.

Oh, thats a super general statement and not very helpful? Well maybe describing what it is you are looking for beyond being left would help too.

the biggest thing im looking for is a stock. I like the magpuls, im sure most newbies say that but they dont make them for a southpaw. t

Lots of options for lefty shooters. Welcome Catskills here.

the biggest thing im looking for is a stock. I like the magpuls, im sure most newbies say that but they dont make them for a southpaw. t

The more information you provide, the better off you'll be. People will be better able to help solve your question and it typically keeps the "Hide Weathered" shooters from being sarcastic (you've met Spife :LOL:). With the mention of "Hide Weathered," grow a thick skin around here, cause you'll probably need it. Hiders have pushed a lot of newbies away in their first 10 posts because they couldn't take it. Get past that, this place is the best place to find information. Frank has done a good job. Welcome to the Hide!

With the standard greeting out of the way, some things to help us would be your price range and your application (PRS comps, casual long range shooting, hunting rifle on the side, F-Class, etc, etc.). Good info in = good info out.

Reactions: Burky23
haha seemed like he came on pretty hard! im a hunter but I would like to get into PRCs. Which I believe I would shoot more then my 3 total shots a year for hunting deer and bear. When hunting bear, I hike roughly 10-15 miles a day so the rifle needs to be light. looking for a stock, ive read that the factory stock slightly touches the barrel when on a bipod. i dont know if this is true or not. either way, I honestly dont know where to start on PRC equipment. as for my rifle in its current state, i just ordered a EGW 20 moa base. I am looking at the vortex viper pst 4-24x50 MRAD on vortex precision 30mm rings. Plan on the harris 6-10 swivel bipod, magpul magazine conversion, and a muzzle brake. I know before I get to carried away, I need to get rings, glass and get behind the rifle and learn the basics of long range.

In my opinion, shoot your rifle as is, and keep shooting it until you know enough about it (and shooting longrange in general) to know exactly what changes you want to make. I made the mistake of changing out shit I didn't need to right away because I just wanted to buy something and realized not far down the line I didn't get what I really needed.

and skip that scope

seems like you're pretty low budget

save and figure out what you want instead of compromising on junk that's gonna get replaced

Manner and McMillan should be able to make left handed stocks without a problem. If you like chassis, you could look at a left handed Masterpiece Arms BA chassis.

and skip that scope

seems like you're pretty low budget

save and figure out what you want instead of compromising on junk that's gonna get replaced
Since when is a Gen 1 PST junk? Nobodies going to mistake it for a Tanget, S&B, NF, or Kahles, but they’re solid for someone starting out. Worst case, throw it on a 22LR trainer once he decides he wants to invest in something better.

Reactions: MarkLeupold
Since when is a Gen 1 PST junk? Nobodies going to mistake it for a Tanget, S&B, NF, or Kahles, but they’re solid for someone starting out. Worst case, throw it on a 22LR trainer once he decides he wants to invest in something better.
Because for the money you could do a lot better. Better glass turrets reticle travel

Because for the money you could do a lot better. Better glass turrets reticle travel

And your recommendation?

Personally if I was just starting out again, I'd grab an SWFA fixed 10x for like $200-300. Decent glass, perfect tracking (that's the key), a usable reticle, and just use that until I could save up for what I want. For the prices of used PST's now, I don't think they're a bad option either, but it's a starter scope to get someone behind a rifle and putting lead downrange.

Reactions: Bender
I ate Taco Bell once, about 30 minutes later I hovered over the can, what dropped out, I would take over a Gen I pst.

Reactions: spife7980
I usually recommend a starter scope a guy will always keep. Used 3-12 lrhs is $650-750, 3-9 swfa $500, fixed 6x or 10x under $300. Any of those scopes will likely always have a home on one of your rifles.

Reactions: MarkLeupold

The Magpul pro chassis is convertible to left handed. Pretty sure it comes with a block off plate that is switched from left side to right side to convert.

As was already point out, the KRG Bravo shouldn’t care what side you shoot from.

As was already point out, the KRG Bravo shouldn’t care what side you shoot from.
Provided it’s ordered correctly. If it’s a right hand stock you’ll have to grind away some chassis metal to make room to accommodate the left side bolt and safety. As far as ergonomics etc in the skins it’s ambidextrious if you don’t mind the check riser knob.

Last edited:
The Magpul Pro 700 is fully ambidextrous and can be set up for either a right handed or left handed shooter including bolt retainer insert, QD sling swivel plate, cheekriser and folding stock. And there you go, all you need in one package!