• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy in Indiana

lima27

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum, but I have been shooting for a long time. I havent done a lot of long range shooting, mainly just seeing how far I could push my gun. What I would like to know is where some good ranges are in Indiana. I live in Columbus, but dont mind traveling reasonable distances. I am in the process of putting together a rifle and acquiring the reloading supplies now. I just wanted to know where I can go once I have it all done. Thanks for your help.

Re: New guy in Indiana

There is a range in Boredan that goes to 600yds.

Hook up with these folks: LINK

I shot a match with them a few years ago at Atterbury and they were all very nice. I'm sure they would be more than helpful and they are allowed to shoot on the military range (6) on Atterbury so you wouldn't have to drive far.

Define "good range".

I have 300 yds (400 doable with a bit of extra setup) with no public range idiots, good conversation, that accepts donation of a 6-pack (to be shared) as a range fee. 90min or less from you (west of Indy). PM if interested.

Southern Indiana pistol and rifle assoc.

That may be the one Sturm was talking about in Borden Indiana, good out to 500. Nice place, nice guys.

I want to join the club in Borden (I live in Sellersburg) but its a PITA to make the meetings they require prior to extending membership since I travel for my job...

I agree making those meeting's was a bit of a pain. But you only have to make two of them then your good to go, also don't think they even have to be consecutive. Its a nice range with a lot of nice guys. If we could shoot across those train tracks we could get 1200yds instead of just the 500yds we have down there now.