• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy in Ohio here

Scottyboy212

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2024
Ohio
Hello all,

New guy here from Ohio, and looking to get into long range/target shooting, but have never done any before. Looking around on the forum to get a good feel for the sport, as well as gain more info from more experienced members.

Have shot handguns at ranges before in the past, and shot sporting clays with my grandfather when younger which I really loved,but decided that a more organized and competitive focus may be fun to try again, as well as a great activity to get into, as it seems that the older I get, the more daily life seems to take up most of my time, and have been looking for more hobbies outside of fitness/biking, running, etc.

Currently I have a base model Sako S20 in 6.5 Creedmoor, but am looking to customize more if I enjoy the sport, and the info here would be helpful for that as well. What would be the best upgrades for a newer shooter aside from glass?

Hoping to learn a lot and have fun!