• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy in Palm Beach Fl.

lowbid

lowbid
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2021
Palm Springs Florida
I have been reading here for over a year and y'all are great on information and I joined and looking forward to every thing I can learn here. I have shoot bench rest for over 30 years 6mm and 22 PPC never in competition but have been reloading for 40 years Iam 72 and have all the latest tools as Iam retired now from 40 years of road building.

Welcome from Tampa Bay. Post up in the state member meet-up section if you're looking for ranges. And please don't New York my Florida.

Reactions: redx
Welcome from Tampa Bay. Post up in the state member meet-up section if you're looking for ranges. And please don't New York my Florida.
I would never N.Y. my Florida was drafted in 67 in Cleveland and mover to Orlando and then P.B. and been here over 50 years. I stopped shooting because I was so busy with work and my boat...lived in the Bahamas for 2 years built some roads there and the Cayman Islands. And we are getting over run with snowbirds down here now and all there viruses.

Reactions: TACC and redx
I would never N.Y. my Florida was drafted in 67 in Cleveland and mover to Orlando and then P.B. and been here over 50 years. I stopped shooting because I was so busy with work and my boat...lived in the Bahamas for 2 years built some roads there and the Cayman Islands. And we are getting over run with snowbirds down here now and all there viruses.
I like Cayman.

I like Cayman.
I liked it to I went there to build a road and I worked for a guy that owns most of the Island...look in the bottom of a styroform cup it will say Dart he is the man that owns it all and he paid me well...I Never been to the North East but drove the Ocean.

I liked it to I went there to build a road and I worked for a guy that owns most of the Island...look in the bottom of a styroform cup it will say Dart he is the man that owns it all and he paid me well...I Never been to the North East but drove the Ocean.
I grew up there. Lived at the North Side end.
You are either a Dart person or not.
I am not.

I grew up there. Lived at the North Side end.
You are either a Dart person or not.
I am not.
Iam not I was a job nothing more and nothing less and you cant afford to live there. I put in a road to the west side and left. Just like I have never been to N.Y. or like the north east Iam a Florida Gator and I do have a lot of rifles of all calibers I have just been busy with work....Charles

I will say this I parked my equipment close to the turtle farm and they stole 250k of my equiment after the job.
They who?
Dart folk or Island folk?
West Bay never was good for that sort of thing.
As a kid from "North Side" I had my fair share of fights in West Bay.
Good place growing up, now the Ammie Hammers' of the world live there.
Most all my friends still live there. I visit now and then.

They who?
Dart folk or Island folk?
West Bay never was good for that sort of thing.
As a kid from "North Side" I had my fair share of fights in West Bay.
Good place growing up, now the Ammie Hammers' of the world live there.
Most all my friends still live there. I visit now and then.
I know about West Bay I was hired buy the Government and a guy Josrph A. Imparato and you should know his name I worked in conjuction with a company from Freeport City Services. To put in curbs on a road for Dart that is it. But they are all to F stupid there I left and they took my equipment. And was sent there from Freeport

Dont you ever associate me with N.Y...PERIOD

You liked it so much you commented on it twice, lol. Sorry, I associate anybody near I-95 as having come down it.

Call in sick tomorrow and come to JTAC. We're hitting Smokin Joe's after we shoot

I would love to, but stuck in Largo trying to get this house ready for sale so I'll have to take a rain check. It's been seriously impacting my shooting time. Finally got some Staball to try in the 6.5 Manbun. I have a lot of loading to do when I finish this place but we'll definitely get together. The "not open on Sundays" at JTAC has and is, killing me.

Dan (8pointer) uses 43.9-44.1 with a 140 Match Burner.

I used 44.0 with the Berger 140 and ELDM 140.

It's a great powder and you can drop it straight from the powder measure.

Thank all of y'all here in the last year of reading on this site I have learned mostly about the new techniques in reloading and now Iam starting to learn the different chassis...Charles

You liked it so much you commented on it twice, lol. Sorry, I associate anybody near I-95 as having come down it.
I really do not understand you I have lived in P.B. for over 50 years and I 95 in the only highway and the green stamp that gos north and south.I have never been to the north east...and I dont lol either.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike_in_FL
I moved up to N. Central Florida from Palm Beach County in October of '08. The last home I owned was in the Acreage in Royal Palm Beach. I used to shoot at the Sheriff's range out at 20 mile bend regularly. I'm 62, I also used to shoot Manatee every other weekend. If you ever get up this way you have an invite to shoot with me at my range anytime. 325 yards.

Don Dunlap

I moved up to N. Central Florida from Palm Beach County in October of '08. The last home I owned was in the Acreage in Royal Palm Beach. I used to shoot at the Sheriff's range out at 20 mile bend regularly. I'm 62, I also used to shoot Manatee every other weekend. If you ever get up this way you have an invite to shoot with me at my range anytime. 325 yards.

Don Dunlap
I know exactly where that is just past 20 mile bend and the L 8 canal and the pumping station. In the 70s I used to drive my swamp buggy down southern boulevard S R 80 to the back of the J W Corbet hunting Preserve. I had a shell pit that I could shoot at 1000 yards but it is a subdivision now and I put the roads in I had the machines that put in curbs and walls on the roads. I used to drive my buggy to D road and go strait to the canal cross it and was in the Corbet. Iam thinking of getting out of P.B. it is just to exspensive to live here...Charles

Reactions: DGD6MM
I hear you Charles. I have plenty of fond memories of P.B.County but I'm glad to be out. I went to Wynnebrook Elementary, Golfview Jr. High, and the Original Twin Lakes which was Palm Beach High when it was first built. My son, daughter in law and 4 grandkids live there still. I'm in Suwannee County up here, come check it out. My neighborhood is 5+ acre lots. Taxes are low.
I know exactly where that is just past 20 mile bend and the L 8 canal and the pumping station. In the 70s I used to drive my swamp buggy down southern boulevard S R 80 to the back of the J W Corbet hunting Preserve. I had a shell pit that I could shoot at 1000 yards but it is a subdivision now and I put the roads in I had the machines that put in curbs and walls on the roads. I used to drive my buggy to D road and go strait to the canal cross it and was in the Corbet. Iam thinking of getting out of P.B. it is just to exspensive to live here...Charles

I hear you Charles. I have plenty of fond memories of P.B.County but I'm glad to be out. I went to Wynnebrook Elementary, Golfview Jr. High, and the Original Twin Lakes which was Palm Beach High when it was first built. My son, daughter in law and 4 grandkids live there still. I'm in Suwannee County up here, come check it out. My neighborhood is 5+ acre lots. Taxes are low.
I know Twin Lakes I had a apartment on Hibiscuses in the late 60s . I want to move to North Florida but I hate to cold but it is better where your at here I have to deal with all the Yankees this time a year. Plus i just got back into shooting no hunting and we are limited here but I do have friends that have ranches that I can go to but limited on the yardage. Iam a retired road contractor I have the machines that put the curbs and walls on the roads and did State Road 80 to Royal Palm Beach. When I was a kid we killed many of hog out there with dogs.

Yeah, my Dad was there when Military trail and Okeechobee road were dirt roads. I lived in Royal Palm Beach when Okeechobee road headed west and turned south to Southern Blvd. I cut my teeth at 1000 yards to over 1 mile in the cane fields in the early 90's , a friend of mine that was a PBSO flew the helicopter for them. He was raised in Pahokee and was a Sheriff there first, he also did crop dusting. The upper people that ran the sugar cane fields put a backstop in for him and in return he dabbled in gun work for them. It really sounds like we traveled a lot of the same roads and I'm sure we probably know quite a few of the same people. I'm a retired concrete guy and before that sheetmetal and welding.

Yeah, my Dad was there when Military trail and Okeechobee road were dirt roads. I lived in Royal Palm Beach when Okeechobee road headed west and turned south to Southern Blvd. I cut my teeth at 1000 yards to over 1 mile in the cane fields in the early 90's , a friend of mine that was a PBSO flew the helicopter for them. He was raised in Pahokee and was a Sheriff there first, he also did crop dusting. The upper people that ran the sugar cane fields put a backstop in for him and in return he dabbled in gun work for them. It really sounds like we traveled a lot of the same roads and I'm sure we probably know quite a few of the same people. I'm a retired concrete guy and before that sheetmetal and welding.
The guy that flew the chopper was it JJ I used to go to the gym with him and flew with him at night. And there was another pilot Maxwell. Thats all there is out there cane fields and they still burn them in November. Well Iam still at the concrete.

Mark Wheatherington was a Palm Beach County Sheriff he flew the Sheriff's helicopter and his flight partners first name was Steve, don't remember his last. Mark was the leader of the PBSO SWAT team for a while. Mark lived in Loxahatchee south of Collecting Canal between D and E Road. None of those swat guys could shoot long range, they wanted to but wouldn't put the time in. Mark was a big guy, 6'6" built like a wedge, strong as a gorilla. First look at him you'd thought he lived at the gym. His wife was a PBC school teacher. Mark had to have his knees replaced. Climbing in and out of that helicopter and being cramped among growing pains from sports. They decided to retire and move to Tennessee.
On a curb and concrete note, do you know Jody Brooker? I worked for Bob Luke for 20 years and my BIL was Mark Durand.

Last edited:
Mark Wheatherington was a Palm Beach County Sheriff he flew the Sheriff's helicopter and his flight partners first name was Steve, don't remember his last. Mark was the leader of the PBSO SWAT team for a while. Mark lived in Loxahatchee south of Collecting Canal between D and E Road. None of those swat guys could shoot long range, they wanted to but wouldn't put the time in. Mark was a big guy, 6'6" built like a wedge, strong as a gorilla. First look at him you'd thought he lived at the gym. His wife was a PBC school teacher. Mark had to have his knees replaced. Climbing in and out of that helicopter and being cramped among growing pains from sports. They decided to retire and move to Tennessee.
On a curb and concrete note, do you know Jody Brooker? I worked for Bob Luke for 20 years and my BIL was Mark Durand.
Yes I know Brooker there are a lot of Brookers and I think I know Mark the Maxwell I was talking about was head of OCB Jack at PBSO his brother was one of the pilots but this was in the 90s JJ flew in the 80s .I had 4 curb machines and started in 79 I was the biggest in P.B.

Hello fellow Florida man

Homestead is fun, steel out to 500yrds

58-A62699-90-DA-4-EC8-9375-1-B22-F0-B32-CEA.jpg

Outside of that it’s a drive to get any good range.

Reactions: DGD6MM
Hello fellow Florida man

Homestead is fun, steel out to 500yrds

58-A62699-90-DA-4-EC8-9375-1-B22-F0-B32-CEA.jpg

Outside of that it’s a drive to get any good range.
I do know they have range in Holmstead and it has good reviews. There is one close to me in Okeechobee and I think you can shoot a mile but I have friends with ranches that I can shoot on but limited. Iam just getting back into shooting most of my life I have run a construction Co. That is why I asked about the chassis I did not know they made them for just a regular action and a heavy barrels.

Reactions: TurboTrout