• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy Introduction

okie john

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2017
I’m a seasoned shooter but I’m old-school. I grew up shooting 4-position smallbore, NRA High Power Rifle, and NRA Bullseye pistol. I also hunted in Oklahoma and Texas when it was fair-chase, before all the private land got leased out and everyone hunted from stands and feeders.

I was a Military Policeman and an Infantry Scout in the Oklahoma National Guard for three years. Then I went active duty, serving as an 18C for six years on A-detachments in 1st SFG(A) and 7th SFG(A), and in two battalion-level staff slots. I left the military in 1992.

Okie John

Welcome aboard John. There's plenty of us who come from the "old school" way of things. I think we can all agree that there's no such thing as worthless knowledge when it comes to shooting, or most things for that matter.
There's several Distinguished shooters around, and at least a few other ODA guys on the forum, although us jarheads at least seem to be in the majority most days.

Thanks, guys. I've always respected the USMC way of getting hits on target. Looking forward to learning more.

Okie John