• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New guy needs some optics help for a new stick

SGTCap

Private
Minuteman
I am new to long range shooting. The other day I picked up a FN Special Police Rifle unfired with 4 mags and a trigger job already performed for a $1k. It seemed like a deal that I couldn't pass up so I didn't. Anyhow I need to get a scope for it now. The spontanious rifle purchase left my gun fund a little short so I am selling off one of my other toys (Saiga 12) to help pay for the scope and mounts. This should give me a budget of about $6-700 for the scope, base and rings. I know I want a mil-dot scope with mil adjustments but everything I have found thus far is MOA adjustable. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance.

Re: New guy needs some optics help for a new stick

Falcon Optics should fit the bill. Just running a quick search, a 4-14X44 with first focal plane reticle and mil adjustments runs about $400 which leave plenty for rings and a base.