• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new guy new rifle

308mike

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2011
Burt, Iowa
just sayin hi, just got my new rifle back from the gun smith week ago, rem 700 long action, shilen 308 barrel, match chamber, choate stock, hawke 8.5-25x42 20x 1/2 mildot, rifle shoots wonderful, gettin inch and a half to 2 inch groups at 600 most acurate rifle i own, see if i can get a pic on here any bdy have help with that. and is any one comin to Iowa to shoot in the 600yd f class april 16

Re: new guy new rifle

I'd love see pictures of it if you could
smile.gif

Re: new guy new rifle

am tryin to figure out how to put pics on here. havin a little problem with figurin it out. the gun is great, I will tell you alittle story about it, back 10 years ago i bought all the peices and was livin in ar so i took the parts to a gun smith to have it built and it took about 6 months and 600 bucks and i got it back guy said(it shoots great) so i took it out and shot it, well after the first shot i could not get the bolt open so we pounded it open with a rubber mallet brakeing the bolt in the process, and about for more hours to get the case out of the chamber,so i took it to a well known gunsmith in littlerock and he told me the barrel had gotten loose in his lathe chamber was egg shaped,so i returned to the gunsmith for an answer and found many mad customers,and he was gone to nver return, so i sold the action and looked at the barrel for a week and threw it out in my yard were it lay for a year and one day i ran over it with my lawnmower and thought boy better pic that up and later moved back to iowa and it has sat in the corner of my office for 6 years, and cabelas ran a sale on rem 700 stainless clip rifles for 449 and my dad had a 150 off so 300 bucks for a action i could not pass it up so i took it to scheels in desmoines and a very good gunsmith dan negal put the rifle back together for me so you could say the barrel is seasoned well.