• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy R700 build

jhill56

Private
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2014
I'm working on my first bench gun build, a R700 .308 SA. I was hoping to drop some new bottom metal in the hogue overmold stock. However, my gunsmith said the hogue started peeling when he was milling it out and didn't feel comfortable continuing the job. My end goal is to run AI mags instead of the bdl. I'm looking at going with a McCree, McMillian, JP, XLR, or even a AI setup if I can afford it. As usual, this build is on a budget. Any suggestions???

First thing. Dump the stock and buy something else. Stockies has medalists that would be a improvement for under 300. If your planning on running a badger m5 you should save your money and read more and buy decent setup.

First thing. Dump the stock and buy something else. Stockies has medalists that would be a improvement for under 300. If your planning on running a badger m5 you should save your money and read more and buy decent setup.[/QUOTEG

Gravy,

What's your opinion on a McRee's? The reviews look pretty good, but I don't know anyone personally that has used 1.

First thing. Dump the stock and buy something else. Stockies has medalists that would be a improvement for under 300. If your planning on running a badger m5 you should save your money and read more and buy decent setup.

Gravy,

What's your opinion on a McRee's? The reviews look pretty good, but I don't know anyone personally that has used 1.

The search button

Where's the search button????? Fat-Fuck.jpg1393744107810.jpgfatmarine.jpg

Welcome aboard! This place is pretty good. Lots of good info here but always ask where the people got the references from. I only say that because there are tons of legit people here...and some that don't really know. Anyway, welcome.