• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos New guy with a new rifle

speedfreek04

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2009
Northern Virginia
I had been looking to getting into shooting for quite sometime, and ran across a good deal on a Rem 700 sps-v in .308 and couldn't pass it up. I took it to the range a few times last week to try shooting something other that an air rifle and thought it turned out pretty good. I also tried out a few different types of ammo, the 150's being American Eagles and some 168 grn rem match grade. The small targets are 3" wide with both types of ammo at 50yds and the larger one is with the AE's at 100yds. I still have a ways to go, and I've been dryfiring the piss out of her so I can do better. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys and maybe shoot with some of you too. Thanks

Re: New guy with a new rifle

Welcome, nice rig.
Try some federal Gold Medal Match and get into handloading, shoot more & save money.

I've been saving my brass and have been looking deeply into the equip for reloading. I'm also looking at getting a .22lr to train with.

Welcome to the Hide. Congratulations on your purchase.

Welcome to the Hide. You are off to a good start.

i am also new to the hide. how do i post pictures? i have been shooting a rem 308, rem 204 and a 6mm br by savage as well as my ar. seems there is a lot to be learned here. looks like im in good company! there is tons of info here. great place!

Have one in 700 VTR. Stock looks same but different on forearm and has a comp cut into end of barrel. Does your rifle have any pressure points at the end of the forearm or is it free floated all the way?

Obviously this rifle is more capable than the "best group" of over 1.30 posted in the latest American Rifleman. Why do they not try to do better?

Sorry it was 1.21 w/165 gr ABT Remington. Still, that sucks and they can do better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have one in 700 VTR. Stock looks same but different on forearm and has a comp cut into end of barrel. Does your rifle have any pressure points at the end of the forearm or is it free floated all the way?</div></div>

its not free floated, unfortunately. But I dont plan on keeping it too long.