• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy with questions

tloggins

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2010
WPAFB, OH
Hey everyone. Im new to the forum and new to the technicalities of guns. I've grown up with guns around and have been hunting a few times before for wild boar. Im looking into buying a rifle of my own. Before I buy it I wanted to get the opinions of you more experienced guys. I wanted to know what you guys thought of the Remington 700 SPS Tactical chambered in .308. The good and the bad are welcome.

Re: New guy with questions

Good base line gun if you want to start off slow and are on a budget like some of us. Its pretty much the Honda or Volkswagen of rifles. Cheap, affordable, reliable, and lots of room for upgrade, as well as parts out the ying yang for it. You can spend a little at a time a get a rifle that you'll love. Its a good place to start.

Well, you should do just fine with that. Read around here and you'll find that is one of the most common rifles recomended/used by begginers. It will do you a world of good to study up before you spend your hard earned money, this is a great place to do so. make sure you get a good scope to go with it!

thanks guys i appreciate the feedback. i actually was just given a scope today by my girlfriends grandpa. its a bushnell 3-9x40. he said it was a good one and he has used it for a few of his 1000 yard shots.