• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New guy

Smittiac

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2020
    CA
    Hello all! I'm Trevor, I live in Northern California (yes the "commy" state). I'm a disabled Army vet, have 2 kids that both also enjoy shooting. Found this place from the Google while asking it a million reloading questions. So far I have managed to spend more money and learn a whole bunch from some of you guys. Working on getting into some kind of long range shooting sports since I can lay behind a rifle all day and make things go poof.

Right now I just have a Ruger American 6.5 CM and just finished load development for 140 eldm and 140 rdf. Got both of em below a 10sd hovering around the 2770fps mark with 42gn of h4350. Group size @100 with the stock rifle(added a vortex strike eagle 5-25 and a harris bipod) is .8" in a 10 round group.

Other than shooting I do a lot of fishing and gardening! I have been reloading and shooting with my Grandpa since around the age of 5 so I knew the basics but lemme tell ya Ol' Gpa was not near as precise with pretty much anything all you precision guys do so thank you for all the input you have already given and anything else I learn from this community.

Oh yeah I do have pistols and shotguns too, just don't think they are as much fun as hitting a 8" gong at 1k.

So far so good. Just packed up some freedom seeds.
    20201208_144111.jpg

Reactions: OlderPlinker
    I am one of those strange people that find a box of precisely loaded and arranged cartridges to be a thing of amazing beauty. I hope they shoot as good as they look.

Reactions: Smittiac
    I am one of those strange people that find a box of precisely loaded and arranged cartridges to be a thing of amazing beauty. I hope they shoot as good as they look.
    This game is amazing for anyone that has OCD, I absolutely love it.

Reactions: OlderPlinker