• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New guy

czechme

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2020
Maine
Hello all
I have been shooting up to 600 yards for a few years now at local range and having gotten involved in 22NRL locally in the past year as well. Have decided to up my game and try PRS this year so joined to get all the tips and tidbits I can. So far very impressed with the info here. Thanks.
Jeff P

Welcome, what are you planning on taking to your first PRS match?
Have a Rem 700 AAC action/upgraded with Trigger Tech in a KRG Bravo stock with AAC 762-SDN-6 wearing Vortex PST 4 - 16 x 50. It's been the gun I have dubbed around in F-class with at 600 for the past couple of years. I am comfortable with it usually running handloads single shot at longer than mag length but also handloads at mag length which will obviously be the go to for PRS. I have not shot a lot of factory ammo in this gun but think I am going to test some loads over the winter...if I can find any...as that seems to be the go to for the local PRS guys I have talked to shooting 308. I am not sure how serious I will get, but like most things I get involved in I am sure it will be full on bat shit crazy involved! I know most are shooting 6 mm something or another but figured I am comfortable with this gun/scope combo and local matches in NE (Minuteman PRL) are up to 1000 +- so I should be ok with 308. Much to learn though!

Last edited:
Reactions: Memberberries
Give federal gold medal match with the 168 SMK a shot. My 308 loves them, not quite as tight as handloads but they're plenty good. You've got a great setup to take out and give it a go.

Reactions: czechme
Give federal gold medal match with the 168 SMK a shot. My 308 loves them, not quite as tight as handloads but they're plenty good. You've got a great setup to take out and give it a go.
Thanks. I like the SMK168's shoot them a lot in handloads and the gun likes them was thinking about that load or the Federal GM 175 SMK. Been playing with Berger 185 gr Jugg's in the past few weeks which group really nice at 100 yards but not stretched that out yet to 600 to see how it holds up. Would obviously like to trial a few brands by next spring to see what groups the best but beggars can't choosers with the current ammo back order crisis. Heard through an industry friend that both Federal and Hornady are like tens of millions of round in backorder and don't anticipate being out of it till at least second quarter running three shifts a day at their plants.

Reactions: Memberberries
Welcome from Texas! I married into a Czech family, maybe we are kin folks now.