• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy

LoStallone

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2022
Northern UT
Hey guys, just joined this week. Grew up shooting and hunting in Central MT, that’s something I never let go of. I have since moved to northern Utah for work, but still have time to make it back home to MT frequently.

I found the forum when looking for options on building out a buddy’s R700 LA. I’ve got a pretty good game plan at this point and am planning on going from the current chambering of 7mm Mag to 300 PRC.

This forum has already been a huge help in learning all I can about building this rifle out and I look forward to all the knowledge I gain along the way.

Reactions: DustBun
are you going to load for the 300 prc

I’d start loading up on Brass and components right now don’t wait.

Brass would be first good brass like Lapua. I'd buy 3-5 boxes.
Then I'd buy primers usually fed 215 or the fed 215 match in bulk like 2-3
Then bullets that you plan on using. Most people are using 225 eld but pick what you want.
There are lots of powder options just look on the reloading section
Then order barrel blank with a 1-9 or 1-8 twist with a length of 30 inch in a heavy barrel. You can always make it shorter.
You can buy reloading dies and any good used reloading equipment. I rarely buy new.

That should keep you busy till next year. Everything is going up in price and this stuff will be like gold soon. Better to have and to be without later

Reactions: LoStallone