• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Havak question

D2junky

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2018
Anyone look under the rail of their Havak and found this shit? 300prc purchased new from MidwayUSA I have sent an email to Seekins because it sure has heck looks like someone drilled two extra holes in my action and then plugged them
064A2F54-7ED0-40F4-8210-D8C6F903A1F4.jpeg

Great. Hope Seekins or midway take care of it. I haven’t touched it since I picked it up and was hoping to use it next week.

I can’t see how that would affect anything, but no harm in checking with Seekins. They are good guys and will take care of you

Im pretty sure thats the new design. I just sent my first generation Havak back for the bolt upgrade and part of that modification was to add a “floating” lock face; i cant remember exactly what they called it but it ensures bolt face contact with the receiver lug faces. They told me 2 holes were drilled under the scope rail and the new part is pinned. I have not personally removed my rail to inspect, but I can later this week.

What you show there sounds exactly like what was described to me.

PS - they shot my rifle before returning at my request. It shot a bughole 3 round group.

747AD5BC-2478-40EC-9949-0DC549667617.jpeg

Wouldn’t hurt to ask Seekins Customer service, but from what I see and what I was told it looks legit.

Best of luck

KG

Reactions: Kamerad
I had wondered if this was part of the bolt upgrade they were doing as this action is definitely not a cock on close or partial cock on close.

If they did it I’m fine. I just don’t want to shoot the thing and then be stuck with it. It just looked very bubbaish.

Wish they’d be a little more forthcoming with info regarding the mods.

I had wondered if this was part of the bolt upgrade they were doing as this action is definitely not a cock on close or partial cock on close.

If they did it I’m fine. I just don’t want to shoot the thing and then be stuck with it. It just looked very bubbaish.

Wish they’d be a little more forthcoming with info regarding the mods.
Give them a call. They have always been responsive and polite with me. I’m fairly certain what you see is normal. If not for surgery recovery, I would pull mine down for you.

Thanks for the offer. I sent off an email thinking they’re probably all off for the holiday and got a response. The person that would know what’s up isn’t in today but said they would call me on Monday. She didn’t think it looked right but wasn’t sure…..but assured me it would be warrantied no matter what.

Reactions: Kamerad