• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Haven 251c

Ritten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2007
Houma, Louisiana
A buddy of mine emailed me some pictures of a rifle he had sitting behind his closet for the last 20 years or so. It was handed down to him by his grandfather. He claims that it's a New Haven 251c, but it has dual triggers and was wondering what the purpose of two is. It's a .22LR. I've looked online and found some old manuals for the 251c, but nothing shows or mentions dual triggers.

Anyone familiar with these?

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01208.jpg

Re: New Haven 251c

The trigger appears to be laminated. One of the laminations is not hooked up with disconnector bar. I won't be a set trigger set up with a semi-auto rifle. You can contact Vic Havlin who is one of the most knowledgeable Mossberg experts and he also sell parts to keep these fine old rimfires going.
http://www.havlinsales.com

Re: New Haven 251c

I have the same New Haven .22, it's a great rifle. The firing pin has broken once since I have owned it. It was easily replaceable from havilsales.com.