• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New help with a NFS question A.S.A.P.

Howie Feltersnatch

Deep in my Plums.
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2007
Largo, FL.
Quick question about NF optics. I assumed they are made in the U.S.A. but I encountered one (never looked at one close enough) that has a "Made in Japan" on the bottom of the 30mm tube part. Is this normal or could this be a possible fake? Thanks in advance!

Erik

Re: New help with a NFS question A.S.A.P.

I just recieved/bought a new one and it says the same!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's normal. The NF F1 and the 2.5x10-32 are made in the US the others are made in Japan.

Jamie </div></div>

Thanks Jamie. That explains it. The one I am going to get is 3.5-15x50. Wheew that's good news!

My 3.5-15x50 nxs is made in japan. Don't worry about it. Take it out, use it, enjoy it. One of the best values for the money.

I'm buying the one FS in the optics forum. I showed a friend of mine and was curious to know about the Japan labeling. I can't wait to get it! I didn't realize it had 40 more MOA adjustability than my Mark4. That sold me, not to mention I hear they are pretty much the best.

I have a 2.5x10-32 on the way for my MK12 build. I am looking forward to trying it out...all my other optics are MK4's.

All quality glass is either from Germany or Japan.
Japan is just fine...China is the new maybe....

I prefer USA made stuff but I drive a Toyota and it runs great.